A comparison of the Box-Cox maximum likelihood estimator and the non-linear two-stage least squares estimator
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Forsund, Finn R. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1980. "A survey of frontier production functions and of their relationship to efficiency measurement," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 5-25, May.
- Rothschild, Michael, 1973. "Models of Market Organization with Imperfect Information: A Survey," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(6), pages 1283-1308, Nov.-Dec..
- Kenneth Burdett & Dale T. Mortensen, 1977. "Labor Supply Under Uncertainty," Discussion Papers 297, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Diamond, Peter & Maskin, Eric, 1978.
"An Equilibrium Analysis of Search and Breach of Contract,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
130, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- P. Diamond & E. Maskin, 1978. "An Equilibrium Analysis of Search and Breach of Contract, I," Working papers 221, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- James J. Heckman & Robert J. Willis, 1976.
"Estimation of a Stochastic Model of Reproduction: An Econometric Approach,"
NBER Chapters,in: Household Production and Consumption, pages 99-146
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James J. Heckman & Robert J. Willis, 1974. "Estimation of a Stochastic Model of Reproduction: An Econometric Approach," NBER Working Papers 0034, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M & Neumann, George R, 1979.
"An Empirical Job-Search Model, with a Test of the Constant Reservation-Wage Hypothesis,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(1), pages 89-107, February.
- KIEFER, Nicholas M. & NEUMANN, George R., 1979. "An empirical job-search model, with a test of the constant reservation-wage hypothesis," CORE Discussion Papers RP 358, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Heckman, James J & Willis, Robert J, 1977.
"A Beta-logistic Model for the Analysis of Sequential Labor Force Participation by Married Women,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(1), pages 27-58, February.
- James J. Heckman & Robert J. Willis, 1975. "A Beta-Logistic Model for the Analysis of Sequential Labor Force Participation by Married Women," NBER Working Papers 0112, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Greene, William H., 1980. "Maximum likelihood estimation of econometric frontier functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 27-56, May.
- Diamond, Peter A., 1971. "A model of price adjustment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 156-168, June.
- Tuma, Nancy Brandon & Robins, Philip K, 1980. "A Dynamic Model of Employment Behavior: An Application to the Seattle and Denver Income Maintenance Experiments," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 1031-1052, May.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1973. "Regression Analysis when the Dependent Variable is Truncated Normal," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 997-1016, November.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M & Neumann, George R, 1981. "Individual Effects in a Nonlinear Model: Explicit Treatment of Heterogeneity in the Empirical Job-Search Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 965-979, June.
- Lewis, H Gregg, 1974. "Comments on Selectivity Biases in Wage Comparisons," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1145-1155, Nov.-Dec..
- Toikka, Richard S, 1976. "A Markovian Model of Labor Market Decisions by Workers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(5), pages 821-834, December.
- Lucas, Robert Jr. & Prescott, Edward C., 1974. "Equilibrium search and unemployment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 188-209, February.
- Christopher J. Flinn & James J. Heckman, 1982. "Models for the Analysis of Labor Force Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 0857, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James J. Heckman & Thomas E. Macurdy, 1980. "A Life Cycle Model of Female Labour Supply," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 47-74.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Horowitz, Joel L., 2004. "Semiparametric models," Papers 2004,17, Humboldt University of Berlin, Center for Applied Statistics and Economics (CASE).
- Jason Abrevaya, 2002. "Computing Marginal Effects In The Box-Cox Model," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(3), pages 383-393.
- Rulon D. Pope & Jeffrey T. LaFrance, 2013. "Robust Error Specification in a Production System," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(3), pages 669-684.
- Yen, Steven T. & Dellenbarger, Lynn E. & Schupp, Alvin R., 1995. "Determinants Of Participation And Consumption: The Case Of Crawfish In South Louisiana," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(01), July.
- Savin, N.E. & Wurtz, Allan H., 2001. "Semiparametric Estimation of the Box-Cox Model Preliminary and Incomplete," Working Papers 2001-01, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Powell, James L., 1996. "Rescaled methods-of-moments estimation for the Box-Cox regression model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 259-265, June.
- Roland Weigand, 2014.
"Matrix Box-Cox Models for Multivariate Realized Volatility,"
144, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Weigand, Roland, 2014. "Matrix Box-Cox Models for Multivariate Realized Volatility," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 478, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- Komunjer, Ivana, 2009.
"Global identification of the semiparametric Box-Cox model,"
Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 53-56, August.
- Komunjer, Ivana, 2008. "Global Identification of the Semiparametric Box-Cox Model," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt97s197d4, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Helen H. Jensen & Steven T. Yen, 1995.
"U.S. Food Expenditures Away From Home by Type of Meal,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
95-wp143, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Jensen, Helen H. & Yen, Steven, 1996. "U.S. Food Expenditures Away from Home by Type of Meal," Staff General Research Papers Archive 922, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Malik Muhammad Shehr Yar & Attiya Yasmin Javid, 2014. "Liquidity Benefits From Underpricing: Evidence from Initial Public Offerings Listed at Karachi Stock Exchange," PIDE-Working Papers 2014:101, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Martinez-Espineira, Roberto, 2006.
"A Box-Cox Double-Hurdle model of wildlife valuation: The citizen's perspective,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 192-208, June.
- Roberto Martinez Espineira, 2004. "A Box-Cox double-hurdle model of wildlife valuation: the citizen’s perspective," Others 0410003, EconWPA.
- Kazumitsu Nawata, 2013. "A new estimator of the Box-Cox transformation model using moment conditions," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(3), pages 2287-2297.
- Kim, Minbo & CarterHill, R., 1995. "Shrinkage estimation in nonlinear regression The Box-Cox transformation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 1-33.
- Delgado, Miguel A. & Fiteni, Inmaculada, 2002. "External bootstrap tests for parameter stability," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 275-303, August.
- Godfrey, L.G. & Santos Silva, J.M.C., 2007. "A note on variable addition tests for linear and log-linear models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 422-427, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:17:y:1981:i:3:p:351-381. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.