Section Related Measures of Traffic System Performance: Final Report
This project describes a new set of advanced traffic surveillance techniques that are based on inductive vehicle waveforms and pattern recognition technology. Focus is on demonstrating and evaluating a new method for obtaining true selection related performance measures, such as section travel time and section density, for freeways. The report also discusses methods for the measurement of lane-by-lane traffic movement and specific origin/destination demands.
|Date of creation:||01 Nov 1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/its/Email:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bowerman, Robert & Hall, Brent & Calamai, Paul, 1995. "A multi-objective optimization approach to urban school bus routing: Formulation and solution method," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 107-123, March.
- Cascetta, Ennio & Nguyen, Sang, 1988. "A unified framework for estimating or updating origin/destination matrices from traffic counts," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 437-455, December.
- Van Zuylen, Henk J. & Willumsen, Luis G., 1980. "The most likely trip matrix estimated from traffic counts," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 281-293, September.
- Janson, Bruce N. & Southworth, Frank, 1992. "Estimating departure times from traffic counts using dynamic assignment," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 3-16, February.
- Chang, Gang-Len & Wu, Jifeng, 1994. "Recursive estimation of time-varying origin-destination flows from traffic counts in freeway corridors," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 141-160, April.
- Kapur, Kailash C., 1970. "Mathematical methods of optimization for multi-objective transportation systems," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 451-467, December.
- Nihan, Nancy L. & Davis, Gary A., 1987. "Recursive estimation of origin-destination matrices from input/output counts," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 149-163, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:itsrrp:qt4sc0t3bv. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.