Boundaries of Predictability: Noisy Predictive Regressions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Goetzmann, William Nelson & Jorion, Philippe, 1993. " Testing the Predictive Power of Dividend Yields," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(2), pages 663-679, June.
- Campbell, John Y, 1991. "A Variance Decomposition for Stock Returns," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(405), pages 157-179, March.
- Cochrane, John H, 1988. "How Big Is the Random Walk in GNP?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(5), pages 893-920, October.
- Bossaerts, Peter & Hillion, Pierre, 1999. "Implementing Statistical Criteria to Select Return Forecasting Models: What Do We Learn?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(2), pages 405-428.
- Cavanagh, Christopher L. & Elliott, Graham & Stock, James H., 1995. "Inference in Models with Nearly Integrated Regressors," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(05), pages 1131-1147, October.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1993. "Exactly Median-Unbiased Estimation of First Order Autoregressive/Unit Root Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 139-165, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kim, Chang Sik & Lee, Sungro, 2011. "Spurious regressions driven by excessive volatility," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 113(3), pages 292-297.
- Ivo Welch & Amit Goyal, 2008.
"A Comprehensive Look at The Empirical Performance of Equity Premium Prediction,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(4), pages 1455-1508, July.
- Amit Goval & Ivo Welch, 2004. "A Comprehensive Look at the Empirical Performance of Equity Premium Prediction," NBER Working Papers 10483, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amit Goyal & Ivo Welch, 2004. "A Comprehensive Look at the Empirical Performance of Equity Premium Prediction," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2412, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jan 2006.
- Shang, Hua, 2013. "Inference in asset pricing models with a low-variance factor," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 1046-1060.
- Clark, Todd E. & McCracken, Michael W., 2012.
"In-sample tests of predictive ability: A new approach,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 170(1), pages 1-14.
- Todd E. Clark & Michael W. McCracken, 2009. "In-sample tests of predictive ability: a new approach," Working Papers 2009-051, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Todd E. Clark & Michael W. McCracken, 2009. "In-sample tests of predictive ability: a new approach," Research Working Paper RWP 09-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Bansal, Ravi & Khatchatrian, Varoujan & Yaron, Amir, 2005.
"Interpretable asset markets?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 531-560, April.
- Ravi Bansal & Varoujan Khatachtrian & Amir Yaron, 2002. "Interpretable Asset Markets?," NBER Working Papers 9383, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ravi Bansal & Varoujan Khatchatrian & Amir Yaron, 2004. "Interpretable Asset Markets?," 2004 Meeting Papers 136b, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Phillips, Peter C.B. & Lee, Ji Hyung, 2013. "Predictive regression under various degrees of persistence and robust long-horizon regression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 177(2), pages 250-264.
- Deng, Kaihua, 2016. "A refined asymptotic framework for dividend yield in predictive regressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 60-63.
- Peter C. B. Phillips, 2015. "Halbert White Jr. Memorial JFEC Lecture: Pitfalls and Possibilities in Predictive Regression†," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 13(3), pages 521-555.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:anderf:qt33p7672z. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aguclus.html .