Benefits and Costs of Auditor's Assurance: Evidence from the Review of Quarterly Financial Statements
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Clarkson, Peter M. & Simunic, Dan A., 1994. "The association between audit quality, retained ownership, and firm-specific risk in U.S. vs. Canadian IPO markets," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 207-228, January.
- Cindy Durtschi & Peter Easton, 2005. "Earnings Management? The Shapes of the Frequency Distributions of Earnings Metrics Are Not Evidence Ipso Facto," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(4), pages 557-592, September.
- Dechow, Patricia & Ge, Weili & Schrand, Catherine, 2010. "Understanding earnings quality: A review of the proxies, their determinants and their consequences," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 344-401, December.
- Lei Chen & Elizabeth Carson & Roger Simnett, 2007. "Impact of stakeholder characteristics on voluntary dissemination of interim information and communication of its level of assurance," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 47(4), pages 667-691.
- Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R. & Rajgopal, Shiva, 2005.
"The economic implications of corporate financial reporting,"
Journal of Accounting and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1-3), pages 3-73, December.
- John R. Graham & Campbell R. Harvey & Shiva Rajgopal, 2004. "The Economic Implications of Corporate Financial Reporting," NBER Working Papers 10550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacob, John & Jorgensen, Bjorn N., 2007. "Earnings management and accounting income aggregation," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2-3), pages 369-390, July.
- repec:bla:joares:v:29:y:1991:i:2:p:193-228 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kerstein, Joseph & Rai, Atul, 2007. "Intra-year shifts in the earnings distribution and their implications for earnings management," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 399-419, December.
- Isabelle Huault & V. Perret & S. Charreire-Petit, 2007. "Management," Post-Print halshs-00337676, HAL.
- Ettredge, Mike & Simon, Dan & Smith, David & Stone, Mary, 1994. "Why do companies purchase timely quarterly reviews?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 131-155, September.
- Kothari, S.P. & Leone, Andrew J. & Wasley, Charles E., 2005. "Performance matched discretionary accrual measures," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 163-197, February.
- Lawrence D. Brown & Arianna Spina Pinello, 2007. "To What Extent Does the Financial Reporting Process Curb Earnings Surprise Games?," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(5), pages 947-981, December.
More about this item
KeywordsInterim Financial Reporting; Auditor Reviews; Regulation; Audit Fees; Unexpected Accruals.;
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- M49 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bzn:wpaper:bemps11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (F. Marta L. Di Lascio) or (Alessandro Fedele). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feubzit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.