Informal Employment in Bolivia: A Lost Proposition?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Maria Tannuri-Pianto & Donald Pianto, 2004. "Informal employment in Bolivia: A lost proposition?," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 149, Econometric Society.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maloney, William F., 2004. "Informality Revisited," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1159-1178, July.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Newey, Whitney K & Powell, James L & Walker, James R, 1990.
"Semiparametric Estimation of Selection Models: Some Empirical Results,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 324-328, May.
- Newey, W.K. & Powell, J.L. & Walker, J.R., 1990. "Semiparametric Estimation Of Selection Models: Some Empirical Results," Working papers 9001, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Moshe Buchinsky, 1998. "The dynamics of changes in the female wage distribution in the USA: a quantile regression approach," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 1-30.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olivier Bargain & Prudence Kwenda, 2014.
"The Informal Sector Wage Gap: New Evidence Using Quantile Estimations on Panel Data,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(1), pages 117-153.
- Bargain, Olivier & Magejo, Prudence, 2009. "The Informal Sector Wage Gap: New Evidence Using Quantile Estimations on Panel Data," IZA Discussion Papers 4286, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Olivier Bargain & Prudence Kwenda, 2014. "The Informal Sector Wage Gap: New Evidence Using Quantile Estimations on Panel Data," Post-Print hal-01474417, HAL.
- Olivier Bargain & Prudence Kwenda, 2013. "The Informal Sector Wage Gap: New Evidence using Quantile Estimations on Panel Data," Working Papers halshs-00967324, HAL.
- Olivier Bargain & Prudence Kwenda, 2009. "The informal sector wage gap : new evidence using quantile estimations on panel data," Working Papers 200905, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Olivier Bargain & Prudence Kwenda, 2013. "The Informal Sector Wage Gap: New Evidence using Quantile Estimations on Panel Data," AMSE Working Papers 1360, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France, revised Jun 2013.
- Olivier Bargain & Prudence Kwenda, 2009. "The Informal Sector Wage Gap: New Evidence Using Quantile Estimations on Panel Data," Working Papers 200916, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- World Bank, 2009. "Gender in Bolivian Production : Reducing Differences in Formality and Productivity of Firms," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2669.
- Guillermo E. Perry & Omar S. Arias & J. Humberto López & William F. Maloney & Luis Servén, 2006. "Poverty Reduction and Growth : Virtuous and Vicious Circles," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6997.
- Paula Herrera-Idárraga & Enrique López-Bazo & Elisabet Motellón, 2015.
"Double Penalty in Returns to Education: Informality and Educational Mismatch in the Colombian Labour Market,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(12), pages 1683-1701, December.
- Paula Herrera & Enrique López-Bazo & Elisabet Motellón, 2013. "“Double Penalty in Returns to Education: Informality and Educational Mismatch in the Colombian Labour market”," AQR Working Papers 201304, University of Barcelona, Regional Quantitative Analysis Group, revised May 2013.
- Paula Herrera & Enrique López-Bazo & Elisabet Motellón, 2013. "“Double Penalty in Returns to Education: Informality and Educational Mismatch in the Colombian Labour market”," IREA Working Papers 201307, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised May 2013.
- Dileni Gunewardena & Darshi Abeyrathna & Amalie Ellagala & Kamani Rajakaruna & Shobana Rajendran, 2008. "Glass Ceilings, Sticky Floors or Sticky Doors? A Quantile Regression Approach to Exploring Gender Wage Gaps in Sri Lanka," Working Papers PMMA 2008-04, PEP-PMMA.
- Erol Taymaz, 2009. "Informality and Productivity: Productivity Differentials between Formal and Informal Firms in Turkey," ERC Working Papers 0901, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Mar 2009.
- World Bank, 2009. "Increasing Formality and Productivity of Bolivian Firms," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2675.
- Olivier Bargain & Prudence Kwenda, 2009. "The Informal Sector Wage Gap: New Evidence Using Quantile Regressions on Panel Data," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 09-06, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Stephan Klasen & Melanie Grosse & Rainer Thiele & Jann Lay & Julius Spatz & Manfred Wiebelt, 2004. "Operationalizing Pro-Poor Growth - Country Case Study: Bolivia," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 101, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Jann Lay & Rainer Thiele & Manfred Wiebelt, 2008.
"Resource Booms, Inequality, And Poverty: The Case Of Gas In Bolivia,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 54(3), pages 407-437, September.
- Lay, Jann & Thiele, Rainer & Wiebelt, Manfred, 2006. "Resource booms, inequality, and poverty: The case of gas in Bolivia," Kiel Working Papers 1287, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Arias, Omar & Blom, Andreas & Bosch, Mariano & Cunningham, Wendy & Fiszbein, Ariel & Lopez Acevedo, Gladys & Maloney, William & Saavedra, Jaime & Sanchez-Paramo, Carolina & Santamaria, Mauricio & Siga, 2005. "Pending issues in protection, productivity growth, and poverty reduction," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3799, The World Bank.
- Alejandro Arrieta & Ariadna García Prado & Giota Panopoulou, 2012. "Enrolling the Self-Employed in Mandatory Health Insurance in Colombia: are we missing other factors?," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 1213, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
More about this item
Keywordsearnings gaps; sample selection; quantile regression; multiple-choice models.;
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:brs:wpaper:317. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luciano Póvoa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deunbbr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.