Girls Rock, Boys Roll: An Analysis of the Age 14-16 Gender Gap in English Schools
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Simon Burgess & Brendon McConnell & Carol Propper & Deborah Wilson, 2004. "Girls Rock, Boys Roll: An Analysis of the Age 14-16 Gender Gap in English Schools," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 51(2), pages 209-229, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pekkarinen, Tuomas, 2005. "Gender Differences in Educational Attainment: Evidence on the Role of the Tracking Age from a Finnish Quasi-Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 1897, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tuomas Pekkarinen, 2008. "Gender Differences in Educational Attainment: Evidence on the Role of Tracking from a Finnish Quasi-experiment," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 110(4), pages 807-825, December.
- Richard Murphy & Felix Weinhardt, 2014.
"Top of the Class: The Importance of Ordinal Rank,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4815, CESifo Group Munich.
- Weinhardt, Felix & Murphy, Richard, 2016. "Top of the Class: The Importance of Ordinal Rank," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145626, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Ammermüller, Andreas & Dolton, Peter J., 2006. "Pupil-teacher gender interaction effects on scholastic outcomes in England and the USA," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-060, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Simon Burgess & Brendon McConnell & Carol Propper & Deborah Wilson, 2004. "Sorting and Choice in English Secondary Schools," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 04/111, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Proud, S., 2014.
"Girl Power? An Analysis Of Peer Effects Using Exogenous Changes In The Gender Make-Up Of The Peer Group,"
Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies,
Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 14(3), pages 5-18.
- Steven Proud, 2009. "Girl Power? An analysis of peer effects using exogenous changes in the gender make-up of the peer group," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 08/186, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Cheti Nicoletti & Birgitta Rabe, 2013. "Inequality in Pupils' Test Scores: How Much do Family, Sibling Type and Neighbourhood Matter?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 80(318), pages 197-218, April.
- Juan Sebastian Munoz, 2014.
"Re-estimating the Gender Gap in Colombian Academic Performance,"
Research Department Publications
IDB-WP-469, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Juan Sebastián Muñoz, 2014. "Re-estimating the Gender Gap in Colombian Academic Performance," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 83594, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Richard Murphy & Felix Weinhardt, 2013. "The Importance of Rank Position," CEP Discussion Papers dp1241, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
More about this item
Keywordseducation; gender gap;
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- L3 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-06-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2004-06-02 (European Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2003-11-03 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MFD-2003-11-03 (Microfinance)
- NEP-URE-2003-11-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bri:cmpowp:03/084. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cmbriuk.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .