How the Future Shaped the Past: The Case of the Cashless Society
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bátiz-Lazo, Bernardo & Haigh, Thomas & Stearns, David L., 2014. "How the Future Shaped the Past: The Case of the Cashless Society," Enterprise & Society, Cambridge University Press, pages 103-131.
- Batiz-Lazo, Bernardo & Haigh, Thomas & stearns, David L., 2011. "How the Future Shaped the Past: The Case of the Cashless Society," MPRA Paper 34846, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bátiz-Lazo, Bernardo & Wardley, Peter, 2007. "Banking on change: information systems and technologies in UK high street banking, 1919–1969," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(02), pages 177-205, October.
- Walter A. Friedman, 2009. "The Harvard Economic Service and the Problems of Forecasting," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 57-88, Spring.
- Batiz-Lazo, Bernardo & Karlsson, Tobias & Thodenius, Björn, 2009. "Building Bankomat: The development of on-line, real-time systems in British and Swedish savings banks, c.1965-1985," MPRA Paper 27084, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Galambos, Louis, 1970. "The Emerging Organizational Synthesis In Modern American History," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(03), pages 279-290, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Batiz-lazo, Bernardo & del Angel, Gustavo, 2016.
"El nacimiento de la tarjeta de credito bancaria an Mexico y Espana, 1966-1975
[The emergence of the bank credit card in Mexico and Spain, 1966-1975]," MPRA Paper 78004, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Aug 2016.
- Gustavo A. Del Angel, 2016. "Cashless Payments and the Persistence of Cash: Open Questions About Mexico," Economics Working Papers 16108, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Bernardo Batiz-Lazo & Gustavo A. Del Angel, 2016. "The Dawn of the Plastic Jungle: The Introduction of the Credit Card in Europe and North America, 1950-1975," Economics Working Papers 16107, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
More about this item
Keywordsimaginaires; expectations; isomorphism; cashless society; payment systems; USA;
- N82 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- N22 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bng:wpaper:11009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Huw Hughes). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sabanuk.html .