The extreme core allocations of the assignment game
Although assignment games are hardly ever convex, in this paper a characterization of their set or extreme points of the core is provided, which is also valid for the class of convex games. For each ordering in the player set, a payoff vector is defined where each player receives his marginal contribution to a certain reduced game played by his predecessors. We prove that the whole set of reduced marginal worth vectors, which for convex games coincide with the usual marginal worth vectors, is the set of extreme points of the core of the assignment game.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ere.ub.es
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marilda Sotomayor, 1999. "The lattice structure of the set of stable outcomes of the multiple partners assignment game," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 567-583.
- Hamers, H.J.M. & Klijn, F. & Solymosi, T. & Tijs, S.H. & Pere Villar, J., 1999. "On the extreme points of the core of neighbour games and assignment games," Discussion Paper 1999-43, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- TamÂs Solymosi, 1999. "On the bargaining set, kernel and core of superadditive games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 229-240.
- A. van den Nouweland & P. Borm & W. van Golstein Brouwers & R. Groot Bruinderink & S. Tijs, 1996.
"A Game Theoretic Approach to Problems in Telecommunication,"
INFORMS, vol. 42(2), pages 294-303, February.
- van den Nouweland, A. & Borm, P. & van Golstein, W. & Bruinderink, R.G. & Tijs, S., 1994. "A Game Theoretic Approach to Problems in Telecommunication," Papers 9407, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- van den Nouweland, C.G.A.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & van Golstein Brouwers, W. & Groot Bruinderink, R. & Tijs, S.H., 1996. "A game theoretic approach to problems in telecommunication," Other publications TiSEM a3b30529-fe17-484c-8eab-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Leonard, Herman B, 1983. "Elicitation of Honest Preferences for the Assignment of Individuals to Positions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 461-79, June.
- Sprumont, Yves, 1990. "Population monotonic allocation schemes for cooperative games with transferable utility," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 378-394, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bar:bedcje:200165. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Espai de Recerca en Economia)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.