The extreme core allocations of the assignment game
Although assignment games are hardly ever convex, in this paper a characterization of their set or extreme points of the core is provided, which is also valid for the class of convex games. For each ordering in the player set, a payoff vector is defined where each player receives his marginal contribution to a certain reduced game played by his predecessors. We prove that the whole set of reduced marginal worth vectors, which for convex games coincide with the usual marginal worth vectors, is the set of extreme points of the core of the assignment game.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Espai de Recerca en Economia, Facultat de CiÃ¨ncies EconÃ²miques. Tinent Coronel Valenzuela, Num 1-11 08034 Barcelona. Spain.|
Phone: +34 93 402 43 13cazza
Web page: http://www.ere.ub.es
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sprumont, Yves, 1990. "Population monotonic allocation schemes for cooperative games with transferable utility," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 378-394, December.
- Marilda Sotomayor, 1999. "The lattice structure of the set of stable outcomes of the multiple partners assignment game," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 567-583.
- van den Nouweland, C.G.A.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & van Golstein Brouwers, W. & Groot Bruinderink, R. & Tijs, S.H., 1996.
"A game theoretic approach to problems in telecommunication,"
Other publications TiSEM
a3b30529-fe17-484c-8eab-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- A. van den Nouweland & P. Borm & W. van Golstein Brouwers & R. Groot Bruinderink & S. Tijs, 1996. "A Game Theoretic Approach to Problems in Telecommunication," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(2), pages 294-303, February.
- van den Nouweland, A. & Borm, P. & van Golstein, W. & Bruinderink, R.G. & Tijs, S., 1994. "A Game Theoretic Approach to Problems in Telecommunication," Papers 9407, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Leonard, Herman B, 1983. "Elicitation of Honest Preferences for the Assignment of Individuals to Positions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 461-79, June.
- Hamers, H.J.M. & Klijn, F. & Solymosi, T. & Tijs, S.H. & Pere Villar, J., 1999. "On the extreme points of the core of neighbour games and assignment games," Discussion Paper 1999-43, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- TamÂs Solymosi, 1999. "On the bargaining set, kernel and core of superadditive games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 229-240.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bar:bedcje:200165. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Espai de Recerca en Economia)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.