Ideal-Gas Like Markets: Effect of Savings
We discuss the ideal gas like models of a trading market. The effect of savings on the distribution have been thoroughly reviewed. The market with fixed saving factors leads to a Gamma-like distribution. In a market with quenched random saving factors for its agents we show that the steady state income ($m$) distribution $P(m)$ in the model has a power law tail with Pareto index $\nu$ equal to unity. We also discuss the detailed numerical results on this model. We analyze the distribution of mutual money difference and also develop a master equation for the time development of $P(m)$. Precise solutions are then obtained in some special cases.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arnab Chatterjee & Bikas K. Chakrabarti & S. S. Manna, 2003. "Pareto Law in a Kinetic Model of Market with Random Saving Propensity," Papers cond-mat/0301289, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2004.
- Karen E. Dynan & Jonathan Skinner & Stephen P. Zeldes, 2004.
"Do the Rich Save More?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(2), pages 397-444, April.
- Karen E. Dynan & Jonathan Skinner & Stephen P. Zeldes, 2000. "Do the Rich Save More?," NBER Working Papers 7906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karen E. Dynan & Jonathan Skinner & Stephen P. Zeldes, 2000. "Do the rich save more?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-52, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Levy, Moshe & Solomon, Sorin, 1997. "New evidence for the power-law distribution of wealth," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 242(1), pages 90-94.
- F. Clementi & M. Gallegati, 2004.
"Power Law Tails in the Italian Personal Income Distribution,"
- Clementi, F. & Gallegati, M., 2005. "Power law tails in the Italian personal income distribution," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 350(2), pages 427-438.
- Fabio Clementi & Mauro Gallegati, 2005. "Power Law Tails in the Italian Personal Income Distribution," Microeconomics 0505005, EconWPA.
- Sitabhra Sinha, 2003. "Stochastic Maps, Wealth Distribution in Random Asset Exchange Models and the Marginal Utility of Relative Wealth," Papers cond-mat/0304324, arXiv.org.
- Sitabhra Sinha, 2005.
"Evidence for Power-law tail of the Wealth Distribution in India,"
- Sinha, Sitabhra, 2006. "Evidence for power-law tail of the wealth distribution in India," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 359(C), pages 555-562.
- Chatterjee, Arnab & K. Chakrabarti, Bikas & Manna, S.S, 2004. "Pareto law in a kinetic model of market with random saving propensity," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 335(1), pages 155-163.
- Arnab Chatterjee & Bikas K. Chakrabarti & Robin B. Stinchcombe, 2005. "Analyzing money distributions in `ideal gas' models of markets," Papers physics/0505047, arXiv.org.
- G. Willis & J. Mimkes, 2004.
"Evidence for the Independence of Waged and Unwaged Income, Evidence for Boltzmann Distributions in Waged Income, and the Outlines of a Coherent Theory of Income Distribution,"
- Geoff Willis & Juergen Mimkes, 2004. "Evidence for the Independence of Waged and Unwaged Income, Evidence for Boltzmann Distributions in Waged Income, and the Outlines of a Coherent Theory of Income Distribution," Microeconomics 0408001, EconWPA.
- N. Ding & N. Xi & Y. Wang, 2003.
"Effects of saving and spending patterns on holding time distribution,"
The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems,
Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 149-153, November.
- Ning Ding & Ning Xi & Yougui Wang, 2005. "Effects of Saving and Spending Patterns on Holding Time Distribution," Papers physics/0507149, arXiv.org.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:physics/0507136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.