A numerical algorithm for fully nonlinear HJB equations: an approach by control randomization
We propose a probabilistic numerical algorithm to solve Backward Stochastic Differential Equations (BSDEs) with nonnegative jumps, a class of BSDEs introduced in  for representing fully nonlinear HJB equations. In particular, this allows us to numerically solve stochastic control problems with controlled volatility, possibly degenerate. Our backward scheme, based on least-squares regressions, takes advantage of high-dimensional properties of Monte-Carlo methods, and also provides a parametric estimate in feedback form for the optimal control. A partial analysis of the error of the scheme is provided, as well as numerical tests on the problem of superreplication of option with uncertain volatilities and/or correlations, including a detailed comparison with the numerical results from the alternative scheme proposed in .
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jacinto Marabel, 2011. "Pricing Digital Outperformance Options With Uncertain Correlation," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 14(05), pages 709-722.
- Idris Kharroubi & Nicolas Langrené & Huyên Pham, 2013. "A numerical algorithm for fully nonlinear HJB equations: an approach by control randomization," Working Papers hal-00905899, HAL.
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 2001. "Valuing American Options by Simulation: A Simple Least-Squares Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(1), pages 113-47.
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 2001. "Valuing American Options by Simulation: A Simple Least-Squares Approach," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt43n1k4jb, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5524 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1311.4503. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.