Power identities for L\'evy risk models under taxation and capital injections
In this paper we study a spectrally negative L\'evy process which is refracted at its running maximum and at the same time reflected from below at a certain level. Such a process can for instance be used to model an insurance surplus process subject to tax payments according to a loss-carry-forward scheme together with the flow of minimal capital injections required to keep the surplus process non-negative. We characterize the first passage time over an arbitrary level and the cumulative amount of injected capital up to this time by their joint Laplace transform, and show that it satisfies a simple power relation to the case without refraction. It turns out that this identity can also be extended to a certain type of refraction from below. The net present value of tax collected before the cumulative injected capital exceeds a certain amount is determined, and a numerical illustration is provided.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Albrecher, Hansjörg & Lautscham, Volkmar, 2013. "From Ruin To Bankruptcy For Compound Poisson Surplus Processes," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(02), pages 213-243, May.
- Albrecher, Hansjörg & Borst, Sem & Boxma, Onno & Resing, Jacques, 2009. "The tax identity in risk theory -- a simple proof and an extension," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 304-306, April.
- Kulenko, Natalie & Schmidli, Hanspeter, 2008. "Optimal dividend strategies in a Cramér-Lundberg model with capital injections," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 270-278, October.
- Dickson, David C.M. & Waters, Howard R., 2004. "Some Optimal Dividends Problems," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(01), pages 49-74, May.
- Nie, Ciyu & Dickson, David C. M. & Li, Shuanming, 2011. "Minimizing the ruin probability through capital injections," Annals of Actuarial Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(02), pages 195-209, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1310.3052. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.