An extension of Paulsen-Gjessing's risk model with stochastic return on investments
We consider in this paper a general two-sided jump-diffusion risk model that allows for risky investments as well as for correlation between the two Brownian motions driving insurance risk and investment return. We first introduce the model and then find the integro-differential equations satisfied by the Gerber-Shiu functions as well as the expected discounted penalty functions at ruin caused by a claim or by oscillation; We also study the dividend problem for the threshold and barrier strategies, the moments and moment-generating function of the total discounted dividends until ruin are discussed. Some examples are given for special cases.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paulsen, Jostein, 1998. "Ruin theory with compounding assets -- a survey," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-16, May.
- Wang, Guojing & Wu, Rong, 2008. "The expected discounted penalty function for the perturbed compound Poisson risk process with constant interest," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 59-64, February.
- Yang, Hailiang & Zhang, Lihong, 2005. "Optimal investment for insurer with jump-diffusion risk process," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 615-634, December.
- Paulsen, Jostein, 1993. "Risk theory in a stochastic economic environment," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 327-361, June.
- Jostein Paulsen, 2008. "Ruin models with investment income," Papers 0806.4125, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2008.
- Paulsen, Jostein & Gjessing, Hakon K., 1997. "Optimal choice of dividend barriers for a risk process with stochastic return on investments," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 215-223, October.
- Wan, Ning, 2007. "Dividend payments with a threshold strategy in the compound Poisson risk model perturbed by diffusion," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 509-523, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1302.6757. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.