An extension of Paulsen-Gjessing's risk model with stochastic return on investments
We consider in this paper a general two-sided jump-diffusion risk model that allows for risky investments as well as for correlation between the two Brownian motions driving insurance risk and investment return. We first introduce the model and then find the integro-differential equations satisfied by the Gerber-Shiu functions as well as the expected discounted penalty functions at ruin caused by a claim or by oscillation; We also study the dividend problem for the threshold and barrier strategies, the moments and moment-generating function of the total discounted dividends until ruin are discussed. Some examples are given for special cases.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jostein Paulsen, 2008. "Ruin models with investment income," Papers 0806.4125, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2008.
- Wan, Ning, 2007. "Dividend payments with a threshold strategy in the compound Poisson risk model perturbed by diffusion," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 509-523, May.
- Paulsen, Jostein & Gjessing, Hakon K., 1997. "Optimal choice of dividend barriers for a risk process with stochastic return on investments," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 215-223, October.
- Paulsen, Jostein, 1998. "Ruin theory with compounding assets -- a survey," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-16, May.
- Wang, Guojing & Wu, Rong, 2008. "The expected discounted penalty function for the perturbed compound Poisson risk process with constant interest," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 59-64, February.
- Paulsen, Jostein, 1993. "Risk theory in a stochastic economic environment," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 327-361, June.
- Yang, Hailiang & Zhang, Lihong, 2005. "Optimal investment for insurer with jump-diffusion risk process," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 615-634, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1302.6757. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.