Upper bounds for ultimate ruin probabilities in the Sparre Andersen risk model with interest and a nonlinear dividend barrier
We consider the classical risk model with constant force of interest and a nonlinear dividend barrier. Lundberg-type inequalities for the ultimate ruin probabilities are derived. The results obtained carry over those of Gerber [Gerber, H.U., 1979. An Introduction to Mathematical Risk Theory. In: Monograph Series, vol. 8. Huebner Foundation, Philadelphia], about a linear dividend barrier without interest, to the case with both interest and a nonlinear dividend barrier. More precise upper bounds for the ultimate ruin probabilities are also given for the special case of exponential claim sizes.
Volume (Year): 79 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sundt, Bjorn & Teugels, Jozef L., 1995. "Ruin estimates under interest force," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 7-22, April.
- Cai, Jun, 2004. "Ruin probabilities and penalty functions with stochastic rates of interest," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 53-78, July.
- Cai, Jun & Dickson, David C. M., 2002. "On the expected discounted penalty function at ruin of a surplus process with interest," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 389-404, June.
- Sundt, Bjorn & Teugels, Jozef L., 1997. "The adjustment function in ruin estimates under interest force," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 85-94, April.
- Paulsen, Jostein & Gjessing, Hakon K., 1997. "Optimal choice of dividend barriers for a risk process with stochastic return on investments," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 215-223, October.
- Kalashnikov, Vladimir & Konstantinides, Dimitrios, 2000. "Ruin under interest force and subexponential claims: a simple treatment," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 145-149, August.
- Sheldon Lin, X. & E. Willmot, Gordon & Drekic, Steve, 2003. "The classical risk model with a constant dividend barrier: analysis of the Gerber-Shiu discounted penalty function," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 551-566, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:79:y:2009:i:1:p:63-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.