Upper bounds for ultimate ruin probabilities in the Sparre Andersen risk model with interest and a nonlinear dividend barrier
We consider the classical risk model with constant force of interest and a nonlinear dividend barrier. Lundberg-type inequalities for the ultimate ruin probabilities are derived. The results obtained carry over those of Gerber [Gerber, H.U., 1979. An Introduction to Mathematical Risk Theory. In: Monograph Series, vol. 8. Huebner Foundation, Philadelphia], about a linear dividend barrier without interest, to the case with both interest and a nonlinear dividend barrier. More precise upper bounds for the ultimate ruin probabilities are also given for the special case of exponential claim sizes.
Volume (Year): 79 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sundt, Bjorn & Teugels, Jozef L., 1995. "Ruin estimates under interest force," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 7-22, April.
- Cai, Jun, 2004. "Ruin probabilities and penalty functions with stochastic rates of interest," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 53-78, July.
- Cai, Jun & Dickson, David C. M., 2002. "On the expected discounted penalty function at ruin of a surplus process with interest," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 389-404, June.
- Sundt, Bjorn & Teugels, Jozef L., 1997. "The adjustment function in ruin estimates under interest force," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 85-94, April.
- Paulsen, Jostein & Gjessing, Hakon K., 1997. "Optimal choice of dividend barriers for a risk process with stochastic return on investments," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 215-223, October.
- Kalashnikov, Vladimir & Konstantinides, Dimitrios, 2000. "Ruin under interest force and subexponential claims: a simple treatment," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 145-149, August.
- Sheldon Lin, X. & E. Willmot, Gordon & Drekic, Steve, 2003. "The classical risk model with a constant dividend barrier: analysis of the Gerber-Shiu discounted penalty function," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 551-566, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:79:y:2009:i:1:p:63-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.