On a risk model with debit interest and dividend payments
We consider the compound Poisson risk model with debit interest and dividend payments. The model assumes that the company is allowed to borrow at some debit interest rate when the surplus turns negative, and that the premium incomes are paid out as dividends to shareholders when the surplus reaches a horizontal barrier of level b. We first derive integro-differential equations for the expected discounted value of all dividends until absolute ruin, Vb(u), which is twice continuously differentiable. In the case of exponential claim amounts, we obtain explicit expressions for Vb(u) and the optimal barrier b* which maximizes Vb(u). We then perform a similar study for the Gerber-Shiu expected discounted penalty function. Again, when claims are exponentially distributed, we are able to find explicit expressions for the joint distribution of the surplus just prior to absolute ruin and the deficit at absolute ruin, which is a special case of the Gerber-Shiu function.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 78 (2008)
Issue (Month): 15 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gerber, Hans U. & Shiu, Elias S.W. & Smith, Nathaniel, 2008. "Methods for estimating the optimal dividend barrier and the probability of ruin," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 243-254, February.
- Paulsen, Jostein & Gjessing, Hakon K., 1997. "Optimal choice of dividend barriers for a risk process with stochastic return on investments," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 215-223, October.
- Yuen, Kam C. & Wang, Guojing & Li, Wai K., 2007. "The Gerber-Shiu expected discounted penalty function for risk processes with interest and a constant dividend barrier," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 104-112, January.
- Sheldon Lin, X. & E. Willmot, Gordon & Drekic, Steve, 2003. "The classical risk model with a constant dividend barrier: analysis of the Gerber-Shiu discounted penalty function," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 551-566, December.
- Thonhauser, Stefan & Albrecher, Hansjorg, 2007. "Dividend maximization under consideration of the time value of ruin," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 163-184, July.
- Zhang, Chunsheng & Wu, Rong, 1999. "On the distribution of the surplus of the D-E model prior to and at ruin," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 309-321, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:78:y:2008:i:15:p:2426-2432. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.