Lower Bound Approximation to Basket Option Values for Local Volatility Jump-Diffusion Models
In this paper we derive an easily computed approximation to European basket call prices for a local volatility jump-diffusion model. We apply the asymptotic expansion method to find the approximate value of the lower bound of European basket call prices. If the local volatility function is time independent then there is a closed-form expression for the approximation. Numerical tests show that the suggested approximation is fast and accurate in comparison with the Monte Carlo and other approximation methods in the literature.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Xu, Guoping & Zheng, Harry, 2009. "Approximate basket options valuation for a jump-diffusion model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 188-194, October.
- Deelstra, G. & Liinev, J. & Vanmaele, M., 2004. "Pricing of arithmetic basket options by conditioning," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 55-77, February.
- Griselda Deelstra & Jan Liinev & Michèle Vanmaele, 2004. "Pricing of arithmetic basket options by conditioning," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7600, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- H. Albrecher & P. A. Mayer & W. Schoutens, 2008. "General Lower Bounds for Arithmetic Asian Option Prices," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 123-149.
- Levy, Edmond, 1992. "Pricing European average rate currency options," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 474-491, October.
- Michael Curran, 1994. "Valuing Asian and Portfolio Options by Conditioning on the Geometric Mean Price," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(12), pages 1705-1711, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1212.3147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.