On Geometric Ergodicity of Skewed - SVCHARME models
Markov Chain Monte Carlo is repeatedly used to analyze the properties of intractable distributions in a convenient way. In this paper we derive conditions for geometric ergodicity of a general class of nonparametric stochastic volatility models with skewness driven by hidden Markov Chain with switching.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2012|
|Publication status:||Published in Statistics & Probability Letters, Volume 84, January 2014, Pages 192-197|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://arxiv.org/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tsiotas, Georgios, 2012. "On generalised asymmetric stochastic volatility models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 151-172, January.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Wang, Joanna J.J. & Chan, Jennifer S.K. & Choy, S.T. Boris, 2011. "Stochastic volatility models with leverage and heavy-tailed distributions: A Bayesian approach using scale mixtures," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 852-862, January.
- Kalimipalli, Madhu & Susmel, Raul, 2004. "Regime-switching stochastic volatility and short-term interest rates," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 309-329, June.
- Nunzio Cappuccio & Diego Lubian & Davide Raggi, 2003.
"MCMC Bayesian Estimation of a Skew-GED Stochastic Volatily Model,"
07/2003, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Cappuccio Nunzio & Lubian Diego & Raggi Davide, 2004. "MCMC Bayesian Estimation of a Skew-GED Stochastic Volatility Model," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(2), pages 1-31, May.
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1994.
"Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(3), pages 705-30, August.
- Hansen, B.E., 1992. "Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation," RCER Working Papers 322, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Hansen's GARCH models with time-varying t-densities," Statistical Software Components RTZ00086, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bhattacharya, Rabi & Lee, Chanho, 1995. "On geometric ergodicity of nonlinear autoregressive models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 311-315, March.
- Wiggins, James B., 1987. "Option values under stochastic volatility: Theory and empirical estimates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 351-372, December.
- Neelabh Rohan & T. V. Ramanathan, 2013. "Nonparametric estimation of a time-varying GARCH model," Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(1), pages 33-52, March.
- Manabu Asai & Michael McAleer, 2005. "Dynamic Asymmetric Leverage in Stochastic Volatility Models," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(3), pages 317-332.
- So, Mike K P & Li, W K & Lam, K, 2002. "A Threshold Stochastic Volatility Model," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(7), pages 473-500, November.
- Andrew Harvey & Esther Ruiz & Neil Shephard, 1994. "Multivariate Stochastic Variance Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(2), pages 247-264.
- Harvey, Andrew C & Shephard, Neil, 1996. "Estimation of an Asymmetric Stochastic Volatility Model for Asset Returns," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(4), pages 429-34, October.
- Danielsson, Jon, 1994. "Stochastic volatility in asset prices estimation with simulated maximum likelihood," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 375-400.
- McAleer, Michael, 2005. "Automated Inference And Learning In Modeling Financial Volatility," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(01), pages 232-261, February.
- Danielsson, Jon, 1998. "Multivariate stochastic volatility models: Estimation and a comparison with VGARCH models," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 155-173, June.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G. & Rossi, P.E.Peter E., 2004. "Bayesian analysis of stochastic volatility models with fat-tails and correlated errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 185-212, September.
- Jean-Pierre Stockis & Jürgen Franke & Joseph Tadjuidje Kamgaing, 2010. "On geometric ergodicity of CHARME models," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3), pages 141-152, 05.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-70, March.
- Faruk Selcuk, 2005. "Asymmetric stochastic volatility in emerging stock markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(12), pages 867-874.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1209.1544. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.