Optimal Portfolio Choice for a Behavioural Investor in Continuous-Time Markets
The aim of this work consists in the study of the optimal investment strategy for a behavioural investor, whose preference towards risk is described by both a probability distortion and an S-shaped utility function. Within a continuous-time financial market framework and assuming that asset prices are modelled by semimartingales, we derive sufficient and necessary conditions for the well-posedness of the optimisation problem in the case of piecewise-power probability distortion and utility functions. Finally, under straightforwardly verifiable conditions, we further demonstrate the existence of an optimal strategy.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hanqing Jin & Xun Yu Zhou, 2008. "Behavioral Portfolio Selection In Continuous Time," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 385-426.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. "Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/2317 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xue Dong He & Xun Yu Zhou, 2011. "Portfolio Choice Under Cumulative Prospect Theory: An Analytical Treatment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(2), pages 315-331, February.
- Robert Kast & André Lapied & Pascal Toquebeuf, 2008. "Updating Choquet Integrals , Consequentialism and Dynamic Consistency," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 04-2008, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Arjan B. Berkelaar & Roy Kouwenberg & Thierry Post, 2004.
"Optimal Portfolio Choice under Loss Aversion,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(4), pages 973-987, November.
- Bernard, Carole & Ghossoub, Mario, 2009. "Static Portfolio Choice under Cumulative Prospect Theory," MPRA Paper 15446, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1202.0628. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.