Predicting Financial Markets: Comparing Survey, News, Twitter and Search Engine Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Paul C. Tetlock, 2007. "Giving Content to Investor Sentiment: The Role of Media in the Stock Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(3), pages 1139-1168, June.
- Werner Antweiler & Murray Z. Frank, 2004. "Is All That Talk Just Noise? The Information Content of Internet Stock Message Boards," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(3), pages 1259-1294, June.
- Zhi Da & Joseph Engelberg & Pengjie Gao, 2011. "In Search of Attention," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 66(5), pages 1461-1499, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Forss & Peter Sarlin, 2017. "News-sentiment networks as a risk indicator," Papers 1706.05812, arXiv.org, revised May 2018.
- Stanislaus Maier-Paape & Andreas Platen, 2015. "Lead-Lag Relationship using a Stop-and-Reverse-MinMax Process," Papers 1504.06235, arXiv.org.
- Ji, Qiang & Guo, Jian-Feng, 2015. "Oil price volatility and oil-related events: An Internet concern study perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 256-264.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:483:y:2017:i:c:p:139-155 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:elmark:v:27:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s12525-017-0254-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jaroslav Bukovina, 2016. "Social Media and Capital Markets â€“ an Overview," MENDELU Working Papers in Business and Economics 2016-57, Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Jaroslav Bukovina, 2015. "Sentiment of a society and large-cap stock liquidity," MENDELU Working Papers in Business and Economics 2015-56, Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Guo, Jian-Feng & Ji, Qiang, 2013. "How does market concern derived from the Internet affect oil prices?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1536-1543.
- Gabriele Ranco & Ilaria Bordino & Giacomo Bormetti & Guido Caldarelli & Fabrizio Lillo & Michele Treccani, 2014. "Coupling news sentiment with web browsing data improves prediction of intra-day price dynamics," Papers 1412.3948, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2015.
- repec:men:wpaper:57_2015 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jamal Bouoiyour & Refk Selmi, 2018. "Terrorism, Colonialism and Voter Psychology: Evidence from the United Kingdom," Working Papers hal-01687662, HAL.
- Felix Ming Fai Wong & Zhenming Liu & Mung Chiang, 2014. "Stock Market Prediction from WSJ: Text Mining via Sparse Matrix Factorization," Papers 1406.7330, arXiv.org.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1112.1051. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.