Numerical integration of Heath-Jarrow-Morton model of interest rates
We propose and analyze numerical methods for the Heath-Jarrow-Morton (HJM) model. To construct the methods, we first discretize the infinite dimensional HJM equation in maturity time variable using quadrature rules for approximating the arbitrage-free drift. This results in a finite dimensional system of stochastic differential equations (SDEs) which we approximate in the weak and mean-square sense using the general theory of numerical integration of SDEs. The proposed numerical algorithms are computationally highly efficient due to the use of high-order quadrature rules which allow us to take relatively large discretization steps in the maturity time without affecting overall accuracy of the algorithms. Convergence theorems for the methods are proved. Results of some numerical experiments with European-type interest rate derivatives are presented.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wissel, Johannes, 2007. "Some results on strong solutions of SDEs with applications to interest rate models," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 117(6), pages 720-741, June.
- David Heath & Robert Jarrow & Andrew Morton, 2008.
"Bond Pricing And The Term Structure Of Interest Rates: A New Methodology For Contingent Claims Valuation,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 13, pages 277-305
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- Gupta, Anurag & Subrahmanyam, Marti G., 2005. "Pricing and hedging interest rate options: Evidence from cap-floor markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 701-733, March.
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1990. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A Discrete Time Approximation," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(04), pages 419-440, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1109.2557. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.