Diving Tourism and Fisheries in Marine Protected Areas: Market Values and New Approaches to Improve Compliance in the Maldives Shark Sanctuary
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jorge Dresdner & Carlos Chávez & Omar Barriga, 2015. "Compliance in Artisanal Fisheries: Do Morality, Legitimacy, and Peer Effects Matter?," Marine Resource Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(4), pages 349-370.
- Tupper, Mark & Asif, Furqan & Garces, Len R. & Pido, Michael D., 2015. "Evaluating the management effectiveness of marine protected areas at seven selected sites in the Philippines," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 33-42.
- Agardy, Tundi & di Sciara, Giuseppe Notarbartolo & Christie, Patrick, 2011. "Mind the gap: Addressing the shortcomings of marine protected areas through large scale marine spatial planning," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 226-232, March.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- 315 – Shark conservation and demand for tourism in the Maldives
by David Pannell in Pannell Discussions on 2018-07-02 15:00:55
More about this item
Keywordsdiving tourism; shark sanctuary; compliance; market valuation; decision models; Environmental Economics and Policy; Q22; Q26; Q57;
- Q22 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Fishery
- Q26 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Recreational Aspects of Natural Resources
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-08-28 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2016-08-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2016-08-28 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2016-08-28 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uwauwp:243921. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aruwaau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.