Research Investments and Market Structure in the Food Processing, Agricultural Input, and Biofuel Industries Worldwide
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Deepak Rajagopal & Steve Sexton & Gal Hochman & David Zilberman, 2009. "Recent Developments in Renewable Technologies: R&D Investment in Advanced Biofuels," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 621-644, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Spielman, David J. & Kennedy, Adam, 2015. "Innovation, competition, and productivity growth: Evidence on the impact of growth in Asia's maize seed sector," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211561, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bloom, Nicholas & Jones, Charles I & Reenen, John Van & Webb, Michael, 2017.
"Are ideas getting harder to find?,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
86588, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bloom, Nicholas & Jones, Charles I & Van Reenen, John & Webb, Michael, 2017. "Are Ideas Getting Harder to Find?," CEPR Discussion Papers 12294, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nicholas Bloom & Charles I Jones & John Van Reenen & Michael Webb, 2017. "Are Ideas Getting Harder to Find?," CEP Discussion Papers dp1496, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Michael Webb & John Van Reenen & Charles Jones & Nicholas Bloom, 2017. "Are Ideas Getting Harder to Find?," 2017 Meeting Papers 566, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Nicholas Bloom & Charles I. Jones & John Van Reenen & Michael Webb, 2017. "Are Ideas Getting Harder to Find?," NBER Working Papers 23782, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wang, Sun Ling & Heisey, Paul & Schimmelpfennig, David & Ball, Eldon, 2015. "Agricultural Productivity Growth in the United States: Measurement, Trends, and Drivers," Economic Research Report 207954, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Oehmke James F. & Naseem Anwar, 2016. "Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As), Market Structure and Inventive Activity in the Agricultural Biotechnology Industry," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 14(1), pages 19-32, May.
- Greene, Catherine & Wechsler, Seth J. & Adalja, Aaron & Hanson, James, 2016. "Economic Issues in the Coexistence of Organic, Genetically Engineered (GE), and Non-GE Crops," Economic Information Bulletin 232929, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Roehlano M. Briones, 2013.
"The Structure of Agricultural Trade Industry in Developing Countries,"
Trade Working Papers
23420, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Briones, Roehlano M., 2013. "The Structure of Agricultural Trade Industry in Developing Countries," Discussion Papers DP 2013-15, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Salvatore Ceccarelli, 2014. "GM Crops, Organic Agriculture and Breeding for Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(7), pages 1-14, July.
- Jin, Yu & Huffman, Wallace E., 2013. "Reduced U.S. Funding of Public Agricultural Research and Extension Risks Lowering Future Agricultural Productivity Growth Prospects," Staff General Research Papers Archive 36796, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:29:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1057_s41287-017-0090-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:zbw:esthes:157992 is not listed on IDEAS
- Baines, Joseph, 2014. "The Ethanol Boom and the Restructuring of the Food Regime," Working Papers on Capital as Power 2014/03, Capital As Power - Toward a New Cosmology of Capitalism.
- repec:zbw:espost:157793 is not listed on IDEAS
- Melkonyan, Ani, 2015. "Climate change impact on water resources and crop production in Armenia," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 86-101.
- Julian M. Alston & Philip G. Pardey, 2014. "Agriculture in the Global Economy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 28(1), pages 121-146, Winter.
- Spielman, David J. & Kennedy, Adam, 2016. "Towards better metrics and policymaking for seed system development: Insights from Asia's seed industry," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 111-122.
- Yang, Sansi & Shumway, C. Richard, 2015. "Asset Fixity under State-Contingent Production Uncertainty," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205256, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Nelson, Gerald C. & van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique, 2014. "Public sector agricultural research priorities for sustainable food security: Perspectives from plausible scenarios:," IFPRI discussion papers 1339, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sansi Yang & C. Richard Shumway, 2014.
"Dynamic Adjustment in U.S. Agriculture under Climate Uncertainty,"
pya413, Job Market Papers.
- Yang, Sansi & Shumway, C. Richard, 2014. "Dynamic Adjustment in U.S. Agriculture under Climate Uncertainty," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170609, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Spielman, David J. & Smale, Melinda, 2017. "Policy options to accelerate variety change among smallholder farmers in South Asia and Africa South of the Sahara," IFPRI discussion papers 1666, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hendrickson, Mary K. & Howard, Philip H. & Constance, Douglas H., 2017. "Power, Food and Agriculture: Implications for Farmers, Consumers and Communities," EconStor Preprints 171171, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Balasubramanian, R., 2014. "Presidential Address: Agricultural Research and Extension in India: Reflections on the Reality and a Roadmap for Renaissance," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 69(1).
- Heisey, Paul & Day-Rubenstein, Kelly, 2015. "Using Crop Genetic Resources To Help Agriculture Adapt to Climate Change: Economics and Policy," Economic Information Bulletin 202351, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Tokgoz, Simla & Fuglie, Keith, 2013. "Public Policy, Induced Innovation, and Private Research: The Case of Agriculture," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149613, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsagricultural biotechnology; agricultural chemicals; agricultural inputs; animal breeding; animal health; animal nutrition; aquaculture; biofuel; concentration ratio; crop breeding; crop protection; farm machinery; fertilizers; Herfindahl index; globalization; market share; market structure; research intensity; seed improvement; Productivity Analysis;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-02-20 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2012-02-20 (Innovation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uersrr:120324. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.