Constructing a regional Social Accounting Matrix using non survey method for CGE Modeling
The Government of Indonesia is committed to cut its emissions by 26% by 2020. In forestry sector, this is done through reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD) program. One of several pilot activities of the REDD Program is the Berau Forest Carbon Program (BFCP) which is located in the Berau District East Kalimantan Indonesia. The Program attempts to generate behavioural changes of the forests stakeholders like forest-dependent community, forestry/logging company and oil palm plantation company to contribute to the emissions reduction, which is formulated in the Program‟s strategies. Changes of these behaviours are reflected in the costs being borne by the relevant forest stakeholders as well as the incentive rewarded for engaging in the programme. This paper focuses on the dataset preparation i.e. the Berau District Social Accounting Matrix for CGE modeling analysis of the above context. A non survey method was employed to generate the regional accounts and was it combined with available data as well as experts‟ estimates.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.nzares.org.nz/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tobias Kronenberg, 2009. "Construction of Regional Input-Output Tables Using Nonsurvey Methods," International Regional Science Review, SAGE Publishing, vol. 32(1), pages 40-64, January.
- Roberto Mínguez & Jan Oosterhaven & Fernando Escobedo, 2009. "Cell-Corrected Ras Method (Cras) For Updating Or Regionalizing An Input-Output Matrix," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 329-348.
- Randall Jackson, 1998. "Regionalizing National Commodity-by-Industry Accounts," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 223-238.
- Tobias KRONENBERG, . "Derivative Construction of Regional Input-Output Tables under Limited Data Availability," Regional and Urban Modeling 284100026, EcoMod.
- R. C. Jensen, 1980. "The Concept of Accuracy in Regional Input-Output Models," International Regional Science Review, SAGE Publishing, vol. 5(2), pages 139-154, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:nzar12:136049. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.