Interactions between the Agricultural Sector and the HIV/AIDS Pandemic: Implications for Agricultural Policy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Thom S. Jayne & Marcela Villarreal & Prabhu Pingali & Günter Hemrich, 2004. "Interactions Between the Agricultural Sector and the HIV/AIDS Pandemic: Implications for agricultural policy," Working Papers 04-06, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Jayne, Thomas S. & Villarreal, Marcela & Pingali, Prabhu L. & Henrich, Gunter, 2004. "Interactions Between the Agricultural Sector and the HIV/AIDS Pandemic: Implications for Agricultural Policy," Food Security International Development Policy Syntheses 11454, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yamano, Takashi & Jayne, T. S., 2004. "Measuring the Impacts of Working-Age Adult Mortality on Small-Scale Farm Households in Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 91-119, January.
- Loevinsohn, Michael & Gillespie, Stuart, 2003. "HIV/AIDS, food security and rural livelihoods," FCND discussion papers 157, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Cuddington, John T, 1993. "Further Results on the Macroeconomic Effects of AIDS: The Dualistic, Labor-Surplus Economy," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(3), pages 403-417, September.
- Govereh, Jones & Jayne, T. S., 2003.
"Cash cropping and food crop productivity: synergies or trade-offs?,"
Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 39-50, January.
- Govereh, Jones & Jayne, T.S., 2003. "Cash cropping and food crop productivity: synergies or trade-offs?," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 28(1), January.
- Cuddington, John T. & Hancock, John D., 1994. "Assessing the impact of AIDS on the growth path of the Malawian economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 363-368, April.
- Eicher, Carl K., 1995. "Zimbabwe's maize-based Green Revolution: Preconditions for replication," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 805-818, May.
- Umali, Dina L & Feder, Gershon & de Haan, Cornelis, 1994. "Animal Health Services: Finding the Balance between Public and Private Delivery," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 9(1), pages 71-96, January.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Pillai, Vijayan K. & Sunil, T. S. & Gupta, Rashmi, 2003. "AIDS Prevention in Zambia: Implications for Social Services," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 149-161, January.
- Jayne, T. S. & Jones, Stephen, 1997. "Food marketing and pricing policy in Eastern and Southern Africa: A survey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1505-1527, September.
- Lawrence Haddad & Stuart Gillespie, 2001. "Effective food and nutrition policy responses to HIV|AIDS: what we know and what we need to know," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 487-511.
- Donovan, Cynthia & Bailey, Linda & Mpyisi, Edson & Weber, Michael T., 2003. "Prime-Age Adult Morbidity and Mortality in Rural Rwanda: Effects on Household Income, Agricultural Production, and Food Security Strategies," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55387, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Darana Souza & Danuta Chmielewska, 2011. "Public Support to Food Security in India, Brazil and South Africa: Elements for a Policy Dialogue," Working Papers 80, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Scott Naysmith & Alex Waal & Alan Whiteside, 2009. "Revisiting new variant famine: the case of Swaziland," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 1(3), pages 251-260, September.
- Lambrou, Yianna & Laub, Regina, 2006. "Gender, Local Knowledge, and Lessons Learnt in Documenting and Conserving Agrobiodiversity," WIDER Working Paper Series 069, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Curry, John & Wiegers, Esther & Garbero, Alessandra & Stokes, Shannon & Hourihan, John, 2006. "Gender, HIV/AIDS and Rural Livelihoods: Micro-Level Investigations in Three African Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 110, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
Keywordsagricultural policy; HIV/AIDS; structural transformation; production factors; Agricultural and Food Policy; Health Economics and Policy; Downloads July 2008-July 2009: 8; Q18 - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy; J43 - Agricultural Labour Markets; O12 - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development;
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- J43 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Agricultural Labor Markets
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:mididp:54046. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/damsuus.html .