Possibilities And Perspectives Of Integrating Household Analysis In Cge Models: The Case Of Mexico
This paper offers a possibility of bringing household analysis into Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) modelling. In this research, the CGE model developed by the Global Trade Analysis Project (GTAP) is extended. The extended GTAP model splits private consumption into ten different household categories according to observed expenditure patterns for Mexico. The extended model is used to simulate possible effects on Mexican household categories which are carried out under three different trade liberalization scenarios.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 0531 / 596 5501
Fax: 0531 / 596 5599
Web page: http://www.gewisola.de/Email:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- L. Alan Winters & Neil McCulloch & Andrew McKay, 2004. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(1), pages 72-115, March.
- Ianchovichina, Elena & Nicita, Alessandro & Soloaga, Isidro, 2001.
"Trade reform and household welfare : the case of Mexico,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2667, The World Bank.
- Deininger, Klaus & Olinto, Pedro, 2000. "Why liberalization alone has not improved agricultural productivity in Zambia : the role of asset ownership and working capital constraints," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2302, The World Bank.
- James A. Levinsohn & Steven T. Berry & Jed Friedman, 2003.
"Impacts of the Indonesian Economic Crisis.Price Changes and the Poor,"
in: Managing Currency Crises in Emerging Markets, pages 393-428
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levinsphn, J. & Berry, S. & Friedman, J., 1999. "Impacts of the Indonesian Economic Crisis: Price Changes and the Poor," Working Papers 446, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- James Levinsohn & Steven Berry & Jed Friedman, 1999. "Impacts of the Indonesian Economic Crisis: Price Changes and the Poor," NBER Working Papers 7194, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Levinsohn & Steven Berry & Jed Friedman, 1999. "Impacts of the Indonesian Economic Crisis: Price Changes and the Poor," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 249, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:gewi06:14970. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.