Ghana’s Economy at Half Century: An Overview of Stability, Growth and Poverty
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Luc Christiaensen & Lionel Demery & Stefano Paternostro, 2003. "Macro and Micro Perspectives of Growth and Poverty in Africa," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 17(3), pages 317-347, December.
- Mr. Johan Mathisen & Thierry D. Buchs, 2005. "Competition and Efficiency in Banking: Behavioral Evidence from Ghana," IMF Working Papers 2005/017, International Monetary Fund.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mr. David Hauner & Mr. Shanaka J Peiris, 2005. "Bank Efficiency and Competition in Low-Income Countries: The Case of Uganda," IMF Working Papers 2005/240, International Monetary Fund.
- Ronald Kumar & Arvind Patel, 2014. "Exploring competitiveness in banking sector of a small island economy: a study of Fiji," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(6), pages 3169-3183, November.
- Agénor, Pierre-Richard & Bayraktar, Nihal & El Aynaoui, Karim, 2008.
"Roads out of poverty? Assessing the links between aid, public investment, growth, and poverty reduction,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 277-295, June.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Bayraktar, Nihal & El Aynaoui, Karim, 2005. "Roads out of poverty? assessing the links between aid, public investment, growth, and poverty reduction," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3490, The World Bank.
- Pierre Richard AGÉNOR & Nihal BAYRAKTAR & Karim EL AYNAOUI, 2010. "Roads out of Poverty? Assessing the Link between Aid, Public Investment, Growth and Poverty Reduction," EcoMod2004 330600003, EcoMod.
- Steve Motsi & Oluseye Samuel Ajuwon & Collins Ntim, 2018. "Bank Competition in Sub-Saharan African Countries: Has Anything Changed in the Light of 2007-2008 Global FinancialCrisis?," SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, University of Piraeus, vol. 68(1), pages 59-83, January-M.
- Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney & Kangni Kpodar, 2011.
"Financial Development and Poverty Reduction: Can There be a Benefit without a Cost?,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(1), pages 143-163.
- Mr. Kangni R Kpodar & Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney, 2008. "Financial Development and Poverty Reduction: Can There Be a Benefit Without a Cost?," IMF Working Papers 2008/062, International Monetary Fund.
- Mehdi Mili & Jean-Michel Sahut & Hatem Trimeche, 2014. "Determinants of the Capital Adequacy Ratio of a Foreign Bank’s Subsidiaries: The Role of the Interbank Market and Regulation of Multinational Banks," Working Papers 2014-366, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- James Heintz & Gerald Epstein, 2006. "Monetary Policy and Financial Sector Reform For Employment Creation and Poverty Reduction in Ghana," Working Papers wp113, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Anwar Hossain Repon & K.M Zahidul Islam, 2016. "Competition and Concentration in Bangladeshi Banking Sector: An Application of Panzar-Rosse Model," International Journal of Finance & Banking Studies, Center for the Strategic Studies in Business and Finance, vol. 5(1), pages 14-29, January.
- Abate, Gashaw T. & Dereje, Mekdim & Hirvonen, Kalle & Minten, Bart, 2020.
"Geography of public service delivery in rural Ethiopia,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 136(C).
- Abate, Gashaw T. & Dereje, Mekdim & Hirvonen, Kalle & Minten, Bart, 2019. "Geography of public service delivery in rural Ethiopia," ESSP working papers 133, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sylviane GUILLAUMONT JEANNENEY & Kangni KPODAR, 2004.
"Développement financier, instabilité financière et réduction de la pauvreté,"
- Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney & Kangni Kpodar, 2005. "Financial Development, Financial Instability and Poverty," CSAE Working Paper Series 2005-09, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney & Kangni Kpodar, 2011. "Financial Development, Financial Instability and Poverty," Working Papers halshs-00564573, HAL.
- Kangni KPODAR & Sylviane GUILLAUMONT JEANNENEY, 2006. "Financial Development, Financial Instability and Poverty," Working Papers 200607, CERDI.
- Kouki, Imen & Al-Nasser, Amjad, 2017. "The implication of banking competition: Evidence from African countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PB), pages 878-895.
- Seven, Unal & Coskun, Yener, 2016. "Does financial development reduce income inequality and poverty? Evidence from emerging countries," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 34-63.
- David Hauner & Shanaka Peiris, 2008. "Banking efficiency and competition in low income countries: the case of Uganda," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(21), pages 2703-2720.
- Pierre‐Richard Agénor & Nihal Bayraktar & Emmanuel Pinto Moreira & Karim El Aynaoui, 2006.
"Achieving the Millennium Development Goals in Sub‐Saharan Africa: A Macroeconomic Monitoring Framework,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(11), pages 1519-1547, November.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Bayraktar, Nihal & Pinto Moreira, Emmanuel & El Aynaoui, Karim, 2005. "Achieving the Millennium Development Goals in Sub-Saharan Africa : a macroeconomic monitoring framework," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3750, The World Bank.
- Rashida Haq & Uzma Zia, 2006. "Governance and Pro-poor Growth: Evidence from Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 45(4), pages 761-776.
- Epo, Boniface Ngah & Abiala, Mireille Ambiana & Maimo, Clovis Wendji & Choub, Péguy Christophe Faha, 2010. "Globalization, Institutions, Asset Endowments and Poverty Reduction Outcomes in Africa within the Context of the Financial Crisis: Establishing a Transmission Mechanisms," MPRA Paper 20655, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Johnson Yeboah & Ernest K. Asirifi, 2016. "Mergers and Acquisitions on Operational Cost Efficiency of Banks in Ghana: A Case of Ecobank and Access Bank," International Journal of Business and Management, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 11(6), pages 241-241, May.
- Mr. Arto Kovanen, 2011. "Monetary Policy Transmission in Ghana: Does the Interest Rate Channel Work?," IMF Working Papers 2011/275, International Monetary Fund.
- Rashida Haq & Uzma Zia, 2009.
"Does Governance Contribute to Pro-poor Growth? Evidence from Pakistan,"
2009:52, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Rashida Haq & Uzma Zia, 2009. "Does Governance Contribute to Pro-poor Growth? Evidence from Pakistan," Governance Working Papers 22980, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Rezitis, Anthony N., 2010. "Evaluating the state of competition of the Greek banking industry," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 68-90, February.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational Development; Political Economy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:cudawp:127036. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dacorus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dacorus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.