Information Theoretic Alternatives To Traditional Simultaneous Equations Estimators In The Presence Of Heteroskedasticity
Finite sampling properties of information theoretic estimators of the simultaneous equations model, including maximum empirical likelihood, maximum empirical exponential likelihood, and maximum log Euclidean likelihood, are examined in the presence of selected forms of heteroskedasticity. Extensive Monte Carlo experiments are used to compare finite sample performance of Wald, Likelihood ratio, and Lagrangian multiplier tests constructed from information theoretic estimators to those from traditional generalized method of moments.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guido W. Imbens & Phillip Johnson & Richard H. Spady, 1995.
"Information Theoretic Approaches to Inference in Moment Condition Models,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0186, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guido W. Imbens & Richard H. Spady & Phillip Johnson, 1998. "Information Theoretic Approaches to Inference in Moment Condition Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(2), pages 333-358, March.
- Imbens, G.W. & Johnson, P. & Spady, R.H., 1995. "Information Theoretic Approaches to Inference in Movement Condition Models," Economics Papers 99, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Guido W. Imbens & Phillip Johnson & Richard H. Spady, 1995. "Information Theoretic Approaches to Inference in Moment Condition Models," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1736, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Guido W Imbens, Phillip Johnson & Richard H Spady, . "Information theoretic approaches to inference in moment condition model," Economics Papers W12., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Golan, Amos & Judge, George G. & Miller, Douglas, 1996. "Maximum Entropy Econometrics," Staff General Research Papers 1488, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea02:19831. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.