Report NEP-URE-2018-05-21This is the archive for NEP-URE, a report on new working papers in the area of Urban & Real Estate Economics. Steve Ross issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Kristian Blickle, 2017. "Local Banks, Credit Supply, and House Prices," Working Papers on Finance 1811, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Sommervoll, Dag Einar & Sommervoll, Åvald, 2018. "Learning from man or machine: Spatial aggregation and house price prediction," CLTS Working Papers 4/18, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies, revised 16 Oct 2019.
- Anna Maria Mayda & Giovanni Peri & Walter Steingress, 2018. "The Political Impact of Immigration: Evidence from the United States," Staff Working Papers 18-19, Bank of Canada.
- Ashani Amarasinghe & Roland Hodler & Paul A. Raschky & Yves Zenou, 2018. "Spatial Diffusion of Economic Shocks in Networks," CESifo Working Paper Series 7001, CESifo.
- Thierry Mayer & Corentin Trevien, 2017. "The impact of urban public transportation evidence from the Paris region," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/6d427am2i18, Sciences Po.
- Alessia De Stefani, 2017. "Waves of Optimism: House Price History, Biased Expectations and Credit Cycles," ESE Discussion Papers 282, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Ingrid Gould Ellen & Stephen L. Ross, 2018. "Race and the City," Working Papers 2018-022, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Clément Bosquet & Pierre-Philippe Combes, 2017. "Sorting and agglomeration economies in French economics departments," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/4jn6cjcel99, Sciences Po.
- Gilles Duranton & Anthony J. Venables, 2018. "Place-Based Policies for Development," NBER Working Papers 24562, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hal Martin, 2018. "The Impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on Local Home Values," Working Papers (Old Series) 1806, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 11 May 2018.
- Qiulin Ke & Karen Sieracki & Michael White, 2017. "A Spatial Analysis of the Central London Office Market," ERES eres2017_273, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Radoslaw Trojanek & Michal Gluszak, 2017. "Spatial and time effect of subway on property prices," ERES eres2017_209, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Shoag, Daniel & Tuttle, Cody & Veuger, Stan, 2017. "Rules versus Home Rule: Local Government Responses to Negative Revenue Shocks," Working Paper Series rwp17-037, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Alfred Larm Teye & Daniel Felix Ahelegbey, 2017. "Spatial and Temporal House Price Diffusion in the Netherlands: A Bayesian Network Approach," ERES eres2017_337, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Yunqing Xu, 2017. "Housing investment and house prices in China: an institutional analysis with Suzhou as a case study," ERES eres2017_263, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- John MacFarlane, 2017. "Housing portfolio asset valuation using mass appraisal methods," ERES eres2017_86, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Avraamova, Elena (Авраамова, Елена) & Klyachko, Tatiana (Клячко, Татьяна) & Loginov, Dmitriy (Логинов, Дмитрий) & Semionova, Elena (Семионова, Елена) & Tokareva, Galina (Токарева, Галина) & Yakovlev, , 2018.
"Monitoring of Regional Systems of General Education - 2017 (Sociological and Economic Aspects)
[Мониторинг Региональных Систем Общего Образования – 2017 Год (Социологические И Экономические Аспекты," Working Papers 041818, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Scott E. Carrell & Mark Hoekstra & Elira Kuka, 2018. "The Long-Run Effects of Disruptive Peers," Departmental Working Papers 1804, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics.
- Zeno Adams & Kristian Blickle, 2018. "Immigration And The Displacement of Incumbent Households," Working Papers on Finance 1809, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Xiaofang Dong & Siqi Zheng & Matthew E. Kahn, 2018. "The Role of Transportation Speed in Facilitating High Skilled Teamwork," NBER Working Papers 24539, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roland Füss & Oliver Lerbs, 2017. "Homeowner Effect and Strategic Interaction in Local Property Taxation," ERES eres2017_149, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- João-Manuel Carvalho, 2017. "Real estate and urbanism – In search of a rationale that inserts real estate into mainstream spatial sciences," ERES eres2017_29, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Rita Yi Man Li & Beiqi Tang, 2017. "Determinants of foreign direct investment inflow in real estate sector," ERES eres2017_349, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Wenli Li & Florian Oswald, 2017. "Recourse and residential mortgages: The case of Nevada," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/6ka8i7k76r8, Sciences Po.
- Langer, Sebastian & Korzhenevych, Artem, 2018. "Equalization transfers and the pattern of municipal spending: An investigation of the flypaper effect in Germany," CEPIE Working Papers 01/18, Technische Universität Dresden, Center of Public and International Economics (CEPIE).
- Andreu Arenas, Clément Malgouyres, 2018. "Countercyclical School Attainment and Intergenerational Mobility," Working papers 679, Banque de France.
- Andrea Ascani & Pierre-Alexandre Balland & Andrea Morrison, 2018. "Heterogeneous Foreign Direct Investment and Local Innovation in Italian Provinces," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1820, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised May 2018.
- Alla Koblyakova, 2017. "Mapping Mortgage Pricing Across the UK: Evidence from Cross Sectional Data Analysis," ERES eres2017_127, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Jesse Rothstein, 2018. "Inequality of Educational Opportunity? Schools as Mediators of the Intergenerational Transmission of Income," NBER Working Papers 24537, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nawrot, Katarzyna A. & Juma, Calestous & Donald, James, 2017. "African Megacities as Emerging Innovation Ecosystems," Working Paper Series rwp17-031, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Crescenzi, Riccardo & Gagliardi, Luisa & Orrù, Enrico, 2016. "Learning mobility grants and skill (mis)matching in the labour market: the case of the 'Master and Back' programme," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 87608, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Megan Kung & Dennis Guignet & Patrick Walsh, 2017. "Comparing Pollution Where You Live and Play: A Hedonic Analysis of Enterococcus in the Long Island Sound," NCEE Working Paper Series 201708, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Dec 2017.
- Elif Alkay & Craig Watkins, 2017. "The Planning System and Housing Sector in Turkey," ERES eres2017_268, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Izryadnova, Olga (Изряднова, Ольга), 2018.
"Investment Potential and Attractiveness of the Regions
[Инвестиционный Потенциал И Привлекательность Регионов]," Working Papers 041816, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Fitjar, Rune Dahl & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés, 2017. "Nothing is in the air," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 84287, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Noemí NAVARRO & H. Dan TRAN, 2018. "Shock Diffusion in Large Regular Networks: The Role of Transitive Cycles," Cahiers du GREThA (2007-2019) 2018-10, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée (GREThA).
- Tripathi, Sabyasachi, 2018. "Do Economic Reforms Promote Urbanization in India?," MPRA Paper 86591, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Takaki Sato & Yasumasa Matsuda, 2018. "Spatiotemporal ARCH Models," DSSR Discussion Papers 82, Graduate School of Economics and Management, Tohoku University.
- Benjamin A. Austin & Edward L. Glaeser & Lawrence H. Summers, 2018. "Jobs for the Heartland: Place-Based Policies in 21st Century America," NBER Working Papers 24548, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Seyedehsahar Shafieiosgouei & Nava Nourdad & Robab Hassantofighi & Seyyedreza Shafieioskouei, 2018. "The Effect of E-Learning on Learning and Interest in School Attendance among Elementary School Students," Working papers 012, Research Association for Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Jason Anastasopoulos & George J. Borjas & Gavin G. Cook & Michael Lachanski, 2018. "Job Vacancies, the Beveridge Curve, and Supply Shocks: The Frequency and Content of Help-Wanted Ads in Pre- and Post-Mariel Miami," NBER Working Papers 24580, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Albert Junjian Cao & Yunqing Xu, 2017. "Housing policy, market intervention and provision of affordable and social housing in Shanghai," ERES eres2017_343, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Kevin Muldoon-Smith & Paul Greenhalgh, 2017. "Situations Vacant: A Conceptual Framework for Commercial Real Estate Vacancy," ERES eres2017_341, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Nikulin, Alexander (Никулин, Александр), 2018.
"Informal Economy of Rural Households in Russia: Regional and Sectoral Features, Interaction with the State and Society
[Неформальная Экономика Домохозяйств Сельской России: Региональные И Отраслевы," Working Papers 041807, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Fingleton, Bernard & Pirotte, Alain, 2018. "A Time-Space Dynamic Panel Data Model with Spatial Moving Average Errors," MPRA Paper 86371, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reis, Ricardo, 2017. "Comment on: “jump‐starting the euro area recovery: would a rise in core fiscal spending help the periphery”," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67042, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Eilers, Lea & Paloyo, Alfredo R. & Vance, Colin, 2017. "Rental prices in Germany: A comparison between migrants and natives," Ruhr Economic Papers 736, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Claudio Giannotti & Gianluca Mattarocci & Xenia Scimone, 2017. "Loss Given Default for residential real estate banks: Evidence from the Euro area," ERES eres2017_130, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Brhanu , Desta & Holden , Stein T., 2018. "Variation in Output Shares and Endogenous Matching in Land Rental Contracts," CLTS Working Papers 2/18, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies, revised 16 Oct 2019.
- Bonev, Petyo & Glachant, Matthieu & Söderberg, Magnus, 2018. "A Mechanism for Institutionalised Threat of Regulation: Evidence from the Swedish District Heating Market," Economics Working Paper Series 1805, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Ieva Augutyte-Kvedaraviciene, 2017. "Investing into Residential Real Estate in Lithuania - Value Drivers and Risks for Individual Investors," ERES eres2017_22, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Elena Grinza & Stephan Kampelmann & François Rycx, 2018. "L’union fait la force? Evidence for wage discrimination in firms with high diversity," Working Papers CEB 18-018, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Enrique Moral-Benito, 2018. "The microeconomic origins of the Spanish boom," Occasional Papers 1805, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- Bernd Kolkmann & Ingrid Janssen, 2017. "Unprofitable tenants: the usual suspects? A case study of modelling tenant profitability," ERES eres2017_49, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Charles Ka Yui LEUNG & Joe Cho Yiu NG, 2018. "Macro Aspects of Housing," ISER Discussion Paper 1030, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Ulrik Hvidman & Hans Henrik Sievertsen, 2018. "High-Stakes Grades and Student Behavior," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 18/698, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Sviatlana Engerstam, 2017. "How does abolishment of rent control affect returns on residential investments in the long run?," ERES eres2017_260, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Martijn Dröes & Philip Koppels & Boris Ziermans, 2017. "Information Asymmetry, Lease Incentives, and the Role of Advisors in the Market for Commercial Real Estate," ERES eres2017_250, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- El Moctar LAGHLAL, 2018. "Decomposition of urban-rural inequality in Mauritania," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 2587, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Ernst Fehr & Tony Williams, 2018. "Social Norms, Endogenous Sorting and the Culture of Cooperation," CESifo Working Paper Series 7003, CESifo.
- Jane Choi & Scott Richman & Sarah Dolfin, "undated". "Transforming Teachers' Practice: The Impact of EL Education's English Language Arts Curriculum and Professional Learning on Teacher Practices," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 1edca1d13a1f48d0b480f495a, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Michal Gluszak & Iwona Forys & Jan Konowalczuk, 2017. "Airport noise, land use controls and real estate values: critical review and meta-analysis," ERES eres2017_244, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Charles-Olivier Amédée-Manesme & Michel Baroni & Fabrice Barthélémy, 2017. "A changing model for Real Estate Returns: a factorial approach," ERES eres2017_167, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Rita Yi Man Li & Kung Chun Wah & Beiqi Tang, 2017. "RMB and housing price in Hong Kong," ERES eres2017_351, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Fabian Kosse & Thomas Deckers & Pia Pinger & Hannah Schildberg-HÃ¶risch & Armin Falk, 2018. "The Formation of Prosociality: Causal Evidence on the Role of Social Environment," CRC TR 224 Discussion Paper Series crctr224_013_2018, University of Bonn and University of Mannheim, Germany.
- Mark Andrew & James Culley, 2017. "Legal characteristics and their impact on the prices of dwellings in the Prime Central London Market: A Hedonic Analysis," ERES eres2017_123, European Real Estate Society (ERES).