Report NEP-URE-2017-07-02This is the archive for NEP-URE, a report on new working papers in the area of Urban & Real Estate Economics. Steve Ross issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Christian A. L. Hilber & Teemu Lyytikäinen, 2017. "Transfer Taxes and Household Mobility: Distortion on the Housing or Labor Market?," SERC Discussion Papers 0216, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Miles, David K & Sefton, James, 2017. "Houses across time and across place," CEPR Discussion Papers 12103, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lambertini Luisa & Nuguer Victoria & Uysal Pinar, 2017. "Mortgage Default in an Estimated Model of the U.S. Housing Market," Working Papers 2017-06, Banco de México.
- Mohanty, Biswajit & Bhanumurthy, N. R. & Dastidar, Ananya Ghosh, 2017. "What explains Regional Imbalances in Infrastructure?: Evidence from Indian States," Working Papers 17/197, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Ann Carpenter & Richard Duckworth & Renée Lewis Glover, 2017. "Developing Inclusive Communities: Challenges and Opportunities for Mixed-Income Housing," FRB Atlanta Community and Economic Development Discussion Paper 2017-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Irina Krylova & Darya Kryutchenko, 2017. "Finding the Consumer Center of St. Petersburg?," HSE Working papers WP BRP 165/EC/2017, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Marisa von Fintel & Servaas van der Berg, 2017. "What a difference a good school makes! Persistence in academic performance and the impact of school quality," Working Papers 07/2017, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics, revised 2017.
- Holmlund, Helena & Böhlmark, Anders, 2017. "Does grade configuration matter for school performance? Short- and long-run effects of school reorganisation," Working Paper Series 2017:6, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Mihnea Constantinescu & Povilas Lastauskas, 2017. "The Knotty Interplay Between Credit and Housing," Bank of Lithuania Working Paper Series 45, Bank of Lithuania.
- Xin Deng, 2017. "Curbing Congestion and Vehicular Emissions in China: A Call for Economic Measures," Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies 201726, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Gabriel Lee & Binh Nguyen Thanh & Johannes Strobel, 2017. "Effects of Macroeconomic Uncertainty and Labor Demand Shocks on the Housing Market," Working Papers 170, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Julia Varga, 2017. "The Effects of Policies Concerning Teachers’ Wages on Students’ Performance," Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market 1701, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Zoltán Hermann & Alfa Diallo, 2017. "Does teacher gender matter in Europe? Evidence from TIMSS data," Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market 1702, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Ando, Michihito & Dahlberg, Matz & Engström, Gustav, 2017. "The Risks of Nuclear Disaster and Its Impact on Housing Prices," Working Paper Series 2017:2, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Crawfurd, Lee, 2017. "School Management and Public-Private Partnerships in Uganda," MPRA Paper 79923, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- N. Berardi & P. Sevestre & J. Thébault, 2017. "The Determinants of Consumer Price Dispersion: Evidence from French Supermarkets," Working papers 632, Banque de France.
- Quis, Johanna Sophie & Reif, Simon, 2017. "Health effects of instruction intensity: Evidence from a natural experiment in German high-schools," BERG Working Paper Series 123, Bamberg University, Bamberg Economic Research Group.
- David Fleming & Arthur Grimes & Laurent Lebreton & David C Maré & Peter Nunns, 2017. "Valuing Sunshine," Working Papers 17_13, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Dustmann, Christian & Ku, Hyejin & Kwak, Do Won, 2017. "Why Are Single-Sex Schools Successful?," CEPR Discussion Papers 12101, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Di Liddo, Giuseppe & Morone, Andrea, 2017. "Yardstick competition and fiscal disparities: an experimental study," MPRA Paper 79853, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chiquiar Daniel & Alvarado Jorge & Quiroga Miroslava & Torre Cepeda Leonardo E., 2017. "Regional Input-Output Matrices, an Application to Manufacturing Exports in Mexico," Working Papers 2017-09, Banco de México.
- Tristan Kenderdine, 2017. "China's Industrial Policy, Strategic Emerging Industries and Space Law," Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies 201724, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Ann Carpenter & Abram Lueders & Chris Thayer, 2017. "Informal Homeownership Issues: Tracking Contract for Deed Sales in the Southeast," FRB Atlanta Community and Economic Development Discussion Paper 2017-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Christian Dustmann & Francesco Fasani & Xin Meng & Luigi Minale, 2017. "Risk Attitudes and Household Migration Decisions," Development Working Papers 423, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 24 Feb 2017.
- Martino, Ricci & Patrizio, Tirelli, 2017. "Subprime Mortgages and Banking in a DSGE Model," Working Papers 366, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised 22 Jun 2017.
- Fritz Schiltz & Chiara Masci & Tommaso Agasisti & Daniel Horn, 2017. "Using Machine Learning To Model Interaction Effects In Education: A Graphical Approach," Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market 1704, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Pantea, Smaranda, 2017. "Did minimum wage increases reduce employment? Panel data evidence from Romania," MPRA Paper 79863, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aurelien Abrassart & Marius R. Busemeyer & Maria A. Cattaneo & Stefan C. Wolter, 2017. "Do migrants prefer academic to vocational education? The role of rational factors vs. social status considerations in the formation of attitudes toward a particular type of education in Switzerland," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0128, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Gordeev, Vlad (Гордеев, Влад) & Magomedov, Rustam (Магомедов, Рустам) & Mikhailova, Tatiyana (Михайлова, Татьяна), 2017.
"Agglomeration Effects in the Russian Manufacturing Industry
[Агломерационные Эффекты В Российской Обрабатывающей Промышленности]," Working Papers 051743, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Gabriel M. Ahlfeldt & Wolfgang Maennig & Felix J. Richter, 2017. "Zoning in reunified Berlin," Working Papers 059, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Fredrick M. Wamalwa & Justine Burns, 2017. "Private Schools and Student Learning Achievements in Kenya," Working Papers 689, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Pier Paolo Angelini, "undated". "The role of inter-organizational proximity on the evolution of the European Aerospace R&D collaboration network," CERIS Working Paper 201402, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Chávez Juan Carlos & Fonseca Felipe J. & Gómez Zaldívar Manuel de Jesús, 2017. "Justice System Efficiency and Regional Economic Performance in Mexico," Working Papers 2017-08, Banco de México.
- Jeffrey P. Cohen & Cletus C. Coughlin & Jonas C. Crews, 2017. "Airport Noise in Atlanta: The Inequality of Sound," Working Papers 2017-15, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Fan Duan & Bulent Unel, 2017. "Persistence of Cities: Evidence from China," Departmental Working Papers 2017-08, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Muhammad Adeel & Anthony Gar-On Yeh & Feng Zhang, 2016. "Transportation disadvantage and activity participation in the cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad, Pakistan," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 65025, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Francesco Aiello & Graziella Bonanno & Luigi Capristo, 2017. "Explaining Differences In Efficiency: The Case Of Local Government Literature," Working Papers 201704, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Katharine L. Bradbury & John C. Brown & Mary A. Burke & Erin Graves & Robert K. Triest, 2017. "Community Education Circles in the Lawrence Public Schools: evaluation design and baseline survey data," Current Policy Perspectives 17-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Gharad Bryan & Melanie Morten, 2017. "The Aggregate Productivity Effects of Internal Migration: Evidence from Indonesia," NBER Working Papers 23540, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gabriel M. Ahfeldt & Elisabetta Pietrostefani, 2017. "The Compact City in Empirical Research: A Quantitative Literature Review," SERC Discussion Papers 0215, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Thomas Bolli & Maria Esther Egg & Ladina Rageth, 2017. "Meet the need – The role of vocational education and training for the youth labour market," KOF Working papers 17-429, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Upmann, Thorsten, 2017. "Interjurisdictional competition in emission taxes under imperfect competition of local firms," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 239, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Alfredo Marvão Pereira & Rui Manuel Pereira, 2017. "Infrastructure Investment, Labor Productivity, and International Competitiveness: The Case of Portugal," GEE Papers 0071, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia, revised Jun 2017.
- Stark, Oded, 2017. "Migration when social preferences are ordinal: Steady-state population distribution, and social welfare," University of Tübingen Working Papers in Business and Economics 98, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, School of Business and Economics.
- Stanley Fischer, 2017. "Housing and Financial Stability : a speech at the DNB-Riksbank Macroprudential Conference Series, Amsterdam, Netherlands, June 20, 2017," Speech 956, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lei Ding & Leonard I. Nakamura, 2017. "“Don't Know What You Got Till It’s Gone” — The Effects of the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) on Mortgage Lending in the Philadelphia Market," Working Papers 17-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 22 Jun 2017.
- Wang Lu & Hao Yu & Wei Yi-Ming, 2017. "How Do Regional Interactions in Space Affect China’s Mitigation Targets and Economic Development?," Working Papers 2017.21, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Nazarov, Maksim (Назаров, Максим) & Kogan, Y.V. (Коган, Ю.) & Rapoport, I.K. (Рапопорт, И.), 2017.
"Interrelations and Interdependence between Demographic and Town-Planning Processes (Housing Construction, Development of Social Infrastructure)
[Взаимосвязи И Взаимозависимости Между Демографически," Working Papers 051744, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Minghui, Liu., 2017. "Migrants and cities research report on recruitment, employment, and working conditions of domestic workers in China," ILO Working Papers 994958292702676, International Labour Organization.
- Gretchen Kirby & Pia Caronongan & Andrea Mraz Esposito & Lauren Murphy & Megan Shoji & Patricia Del Grosso & Wamaitha Kiambuthi & Melissa Clark, "undated". "Race to the Top-Early Learning Challenge (RTT-ELC): Descriptive Study of Tiered Quality Rating and Improvement Systems (TQRIS)," Mathematica Policy Research Reports f7eb0ac082d143359d14baecd, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Tetsuji Okazaki & Toshihiro Okubo & Eric Strobl, 2017. "Creative Destruction of Industries: Yokohama City in the Great Kanto Earthquake, 1923 ," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-1051, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Loretta J. Mester, 2017. "The Federal Reserve System and Community Development: The Why, The How, and The What 2017 Policy Summit on Housing, Human Capital, and Inequality, Cleveland, OH," Speech 84, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.