Report NEP-POL-2008-11-25This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
Subscribe to this report: email or RSS.
Other reports in NEP-POL
The following items were announced in this report:
- Ivo Bischoff & Lars Siemers, 2008. "Good Policy Choices Even When Voters Entertain Biased Beliefs: A Model with Endogenous Valence," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200824, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Albert Sole-Olle & Pilar Sorribas-Navarro, 2008. "Does partisan alignment affect the electoral reward of intergovernmental transfers?," Working Papers in Economics 206, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- John Maloney & Andrew Pickering, 2008. "Ideology, Competence and Luck: What determines general election results?," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 08/607, School of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- DE LA CROIX, David & DELAVALLADE, Clara, 2008. "Democracy, rule of law, corruption incentives and growth," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2008035, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Eileen Fumagalli and Gaia Narciso, 2008. "Political Institutions, Voter Turnout and Policy Outcomes," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp268, IIIS.
- Russell Hillberry, 2007. "Demographics, ideology and voting behaviour:A factor analysis of state-wide ballot measures," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1021, The University of Melbourne.
- Sambit Bhattacharyya & Roland Hodler, 2008. "Natural Resources, Democracy and Corruption," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1047, The University of Melbourne.
- Baslevent, Cem & Akarca, Ali T., 2008. "Micro evidence on inter-party vote movements in turkey: Who voted for AKP in 2002?," MPRA Paper 11683, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Henning, Christian H.C.A., 2008. "Determinants of Agricultural Protection in an International Perspective: The Role of Political Institutions," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43872, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Patricia Funk & Christina Gathmann, 2008. "Gender gaps in policy making: Evidence from direct democracy in Switzerland," Economics Working Papers 1126, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Meffert, Michael F. & Gschwend, Thomas, 2008. "Strategic Voting in Multiparty Systems: A Group Experiment," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 08-10, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Vincent Rebeyrol & Julien Vauday, 2008. "Live or let die : intra-sectoral lobbying on entry," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne bla08036, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Bertoni, Danilo & Olper, Alessandro, 2008. "The Political Economy of EU Agri-environmental measures: An empirical Assessment at the Regional Level," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44435, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Cuberes, David & Jerzmanowski, Michal, 2008. "Democracy, Diversification, and Growth Reversals," MPRA Paper 11646, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Vandemoortele, Thijs, 2008. "The Political Economy of Nutrition and Health Standards in Food Markets," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44364, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ernesto Dal Bó & Martín Rossi, 2008. "Term Length and Political Performance," NBER Working Papers 14511, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruno S. Frey & Benno Torgler, 2008. "Politicians: Be Killed or Survive," CREMA Working Paper Series 2008-25, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2008. "The Political Economy of Agricultural Protection: Europe in the 19th and 20th Century," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43859, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sergio Espuelas Barroso & Margarita Vilar Rodriguez, 2008. "The determinants of social spending in Spain (1880-1960): Is Lindert right?," Working Papers in Economics 209, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Furtan, William Hartley & Jensen, Maria Skovager & Sauer, Johannes, 2008. "Rent Seeking and the Common Agricultural Policy: Do member countries free ride on lobbying?," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6600, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Raffaella Coppier & Elisabetta Michetti, 2004. "Corruption and production: a policy analysis," Working Papers 22-2004, Macerata University, Department of Finance and Economic Sciences, revised Oct 2008.
- Julien Vauday, 2008. "Heterogeneous lobbying efficiency," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne bla08053, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Gabriel Leite Mota & Paulo Trigo Pereira, 2008. "Happiness, Economic Well-being, Social Capital and the Quality of Institutions," Working Papers Department of Economics 2008/40, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.