Report NEP-INT-2016-09-18This is the archive for NEP-INT, a report on new working papers in the area of International Trade. Luca Salvatici issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Byron Gangnes & Ari Van Assche, 2016. "Global Value Chains and Changing Trade Elasticities," Working Papers 201617, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Defever, Fabrice & Riaño, Alejandro, 2016. "Protectionism through exporting: subsidies with exportshare requirements in China," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67659, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bernard, Andrew B. & Massari, Renzo & Reyes, Jose-Daniel & Taglioni, Daria, 2016. "Exporter dynamics and partial-year effects," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67656, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Fiankor, Dela-Dem Doe & Ehrich, Malte & Brümmer, Bernhard, 2016. "EU-African Regional Trade Agreements as a Development Tool to Reduce EU Border Rejections," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 244352, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Derek Kellenberg & Arik Levinson, 2016. "Misreporting Trade: Tariff Evasion, Corruption, and Auditing Standards," NBER Working Papers 22593, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pietro de Matteis & Filomena Pietrovito & Alberto Franco Pozzolo, 2016. "Determinants of exports: firm heterogeneity and local context," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 352, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Mayer, Thierry & Melitz, Marc J. & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I. P., 2016. "Product mix and firm productivity responses to trade competition," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67678, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jan Hagemejer & Mahdi Ghodsi, 2016. "Up or down the value chain? The comparative analysis of the GVC position of the economies of the new EU member states," Working Papers 2016-23, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Coughlin, Cletus C. & Novy, Dennis, 2016. "Estimating border effects: the impact of spatial aggregation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67655, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bown, Chad P. & Tovar, Patricia, 2016. "Preferential Liberalization, Antidumping, and Safeguards: Stumbling Block Evidence from MERCOSUR," CEPR Discussion Papers 11494, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- NAITO Takumi, 2016. "An Asymmetric Melitz Model of Trade and Growth," Discussion papers 16079, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- KIYOTA Kozo & OIKAWA Keita & YOSHIOKA Katsuhiro, 2016. "Global Value Chain and the Competitiveness of Asian Countries," Discussion papers 16080, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Thanh Le & Cuong Le Van, 2016. "Trade Liberalisation and Optimal R&D Policies in a Model of Exporting Firms Conducting Process Innovation," Post-Print halshs-01314650, HAL.
- Yuichi Ikeda & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2016. "Who buys what, where: Reconstruction of the international trade flows by commodity and industry," CARF F-Series CARF-F-393, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Knobel, Alexander (Кнобель, Александр) & Kazaryan, Margarita (Казарян, Маргарита) & Kuznetsov, D.E. (Кузнецов, Д.Е.) & Sedalishchev, V.V. (Седалищев, В.В.) & Firanchuk, Alexander (Фиранчук, Александр), 2016.
"Economic Benefits, Costs and Risks for Russia on Trade and Economic Alliances with Countries of CIS, Europe and the USA Contact
[Экономические Выгоды, Издержки И Риски Для России От Торгово-Экономи," Working Papers 1854, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Robert Kollmann, 2016. "Risk Sharing, the Exchange Rate and Net Foreign Assets in a World Economy with Uncertainty Shocks," 2016 Meeting Papers 721, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Kuznetsov, D.E. (Кузнецов Д.Е.), 2016.
"Import, Export and Consumption of Russia in Terms of Jobs
[Импорт, Экспорт И Потребление России В Терминах Рабочих Мест]," Working Papers 1856, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Mili, Samir, 2016. "An Investigation into the Dynamics of EU Agricultural Imports from Mediterranean Partner Countries," 2016 International European Forum (151st EAAE Seminar), February 15-19, 2016, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 244541, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- Cecilia Bellora & Sébastien Jean, 2016. "Granting Market Economy Status to China in the EU: An Economic Impact Assessment," CEPII Policy Brief 2016-11, CEPII research center.
- Povilas Lastauskas & Julius Stakenas, 2016. "Labour Market Institutions in Open Economy," Bank of Lithuania Working Paper Series 33, Bank of Lithuania.
- Allan Webster, 2016. "Inward FDI and innovation in transitional countries," BAFES Working Papers BAFES02, Department of Accounting, Finance & Economic, Bournemouth University.
- Alicia García-Herrero & Jianwei Xu, 2016. "China’s Belt and Road initiative: can Europe expect trade gains?," Working Papers 16296, Bruegel.
- Gumpert, Anna & Hines Jr, James R & Schnitzer, Monika, 2016. "Multinational firms and tax havens," CEPR Discussion Papers 11495, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hoai-Son Nguyen & Minh Ha-Duong, 2016. "Production networks in the wind turbine industry, which place for developing countries in East Asia?," Post-Print hal-01321551, HAL.
- Carvalho, Bernardo Reynolds Pacheco de, 2016. "Local Economic Development and Sustainable Global Development: Food Security and Food Sovereignty," 2016 International European Forum (151st EAAE Seminar), February 15-19, 2016, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 244443, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- Jenifer Piesse & Dragana Radicic & Allan Webster, 2016. "Did EU accession improve efficiency of firms from transitional countries?," BAFES Working Papers BAFES03, Department of Accounting, Finance & Economic, Bournemouth University.
- Zharkov, Vasiliy Petrovich (Жарков, Василий Петрович) & Malakhov, Vladimir Sergeevich (Малахов, Владимир Сергеевич) & Simon, Mark Evgenievich (Симон, Марк Евгеньевич) & Letnyakov, Denis Eduardovich (Л, 2016.
"The Phenomenon of Global Migration: Political and Economic Aspect
[Феномен Глобальных Миграций: Политико-Экономический Аспект]," Working Papers 16611, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Ncube, Prince & Cheteni, Priviledge, 2015. "The Impact of the BRICS alliance on South Africa economic growth - a VECM approach," MPRA Paper 73488, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Soumyatanu Mukherjee, 2016. "Opening the Pandora's Box – Liberalised Input Trade and Wage Inequality with Non-traded Goods and Segmented Unskilled Labour Markets," Discussion Papers 2016-15, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Knobel, Alexander (Кнобель, Александр) & Kuznetsov, D.E. (Кузнецов, Д.Е.) & Sedalishchev, V.V. (Седалищев, В.В.), 2016.
"A Study of Factors Affecting the Price of Russian Exporters on World Markets
[Исследование Факторов, Влияющих На Цены Российских Экспортеров На Мировых Рынках]," Working Papers 1855, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- ITO Koji & ZHU Lianming & YUKIMOTO Tadashi, 2016. "Exports and Foreign Sales of Multinational Firms: Analysis of simultaneous equations (Japanese)," Discussion Papers (Japanese) 16049, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Grégoire Tallard & Peter S. Liapis & Graham Pilgrim, 2016. "The Implications of Agricultural Trade and Market Developments for Food Security," OECD Food, Agriculture and Fisheries Papers 95, OECD Publishing.
- Gordon Hanson & Craig McIntosh, 2016. "Is The Mediterranean The New Rio Grande? US And EU Immigration Pressures In The Long Run," NBER Working Papers 22622, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Rebhun, Uzi & Beider, Nadia, 2016. "Linguistic and Economic Adjustment among Immigrants in Israel," IZA Discussion Papers 10214, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Heery, Declan & O’Donoghue, Cathal & Ó Fathartaigh, Mícheál, 2016. "Pursuing Added Value in the Irish Agri‐Food Sector: An Application of the Global Value Chain Methodology," 2016 International European Forum (151st EAAE Seminar), February 15-19, 2016, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 244470, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- John F. Helliwell & Aneta Bonikowska & Hugh Shiplett, 2016. "Migration as a Test of the Happiness Set Point Hypothesis: Evidence from Immigration to Canada," NBER Working Papers 22601, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yu Ri KIM & TODO Yasuyuki & SHIMAMOTO Daichi & Petr MATOUS, 2016. "Are Seminars on Export Promotion Effective? Evidence from a randomized controlled trial," Discussion papers 16078, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Orbie, Jan & Van den Putte, Lore, 2016. "Labour rights in Peru and the EU trade agreement: Compliance with the commitments under the sustainable development chapter," Working Papers 58, Österreichische Forschungsstiftung für Internationale Entwicklung (ÖFSE) / Austrian Foundation for Development Research.
- Swati Dhingra, 2016. "Piggy-Back Exporting, Intermediation, and the Distributional Gains from Trade in Agricultural Markets," 2016 Meeting Papers 712, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Pierre van der Eng, 2016. "European Integration and Australian Manufacturing Industry: The Case of Philips Electronics, 1960s-1970s," CEH Discussion Papers 047, Centre for Economic History, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Tan, Yong, 2016. "The Impact of Demand Shocks on Firm-Level Offshoring Behavior: Theory and Evidence," MPRA Paper 73734, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bjerre, Liv & Helbling, Marc & Römer, Friederike & Zobel, Malisa Zora, 2016. "The Immigration Policies in Comparison (IMPIC) Dataset: Technical Report," Discussion Papers, various Research Units SP VI 2016-201, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Oosterhaven, Jan & Bouwmeester, Maaike, 2016. "Economic impacts of natural gas flow disruptions between Russia and the EU," Research Report 16003-GEM, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Agbahey, Johanes & Siddig, Khalid & Grethe, Harald, 2016. "Access to Israeli Labor Markets: Effects on the West Bank Economy," 2016 IAMO Forum, June 22-24, 2016, Halle (Saale), Germany 243992, Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- Borjas, George J. & Monras, Joan, 2016. "The Labor Market Consequences of Refugee Supply Shocks," IZA Discussion Papers 10212, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Constant, Amelie F. & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2016. "Diaspora economics: New perspectives," MERIT Working Papers 042, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).