Report NEP-EDU-2011-01-30This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Marina Murat & Davide Ferrari & Patrizio Frederic & Giulia Pirani, 2010. "Immigrants, schooling and background. Cross-country evidence from PISA 2006," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 054, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Muravyev, Alexander & Talavera, Oleksandr, 2010. "Can State Language Policies Distort Students' Demand for Higher Education?," IZA Discussion Papers 5411, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- B. Cesi & D. Paolini, 2011. "University choice, peer group and distance," Working Paper CRENoS 201101, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Michela Ponzo & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2011. "The Long-Lasting Effects Of School Entry Age: Evidence From Italian Students," Working Papers 201101, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Wang, Liang Choon, 2011. "Shrinking classroom age variance raises student achievement : evidence from developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5527, The World Bank.
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Woessmann, Ludger, 2010. "How Much Do Educational Outcomes Matter in OECD Countries?," IZA Discussion Papers 5401, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Canova, Luciano & Vaglio, Alessandro, 2010. "Why do educated mothers matter? A model of parental help," Economics Discussion Papers 2010-29, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Derek Neal, 2011. "The Design of Performance Pay in Education," NBER Working Papers 16710, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Crivellaro, Elena & Rocco, Lorenzo, 2010. "Lost in Transition? The Returns to Education Acquired under Communism 15 Years after the Fall of the Berlin Wall," IZA Discussion Papers 5409, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- McCoy, Selina & Byrne, Delma & Banks, Joanne, 2010. "Too much of a good thing? Gender, 'Concerted cultivation' and unequal achievement in primary education," Papers WP362, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Grigoli, Francesco & Sbrana, Giacomo, 2011. "Determinants and dynamics of schooling and child labor in Bolivia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5534, The World Bank.
- André van Stel & Mirjam van Praag & José Maria Millán & Emilio Congregado & Concepcion Roman, 2013. "The value of an educated population for an individual's entrepreneurship success," Scales Research Reports H201103, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Lubomira Anastassova, 2010. "Are Immigrants Paid Less for Education?," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp406, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Busemeyer, Marius R. & Cattaneo, Maria Alejandra & Wolter, Stefan C., 2010. "Individual policy preferences for vocational versus academic education micro level evidence for the case of Switzerland," MPIfG Discussion Paper 10/11, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Tol, Richard S. J., 2010. "The Research Output of Business Schools and Business Scholars in Ireland," Papers WP364, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Alcalde, Jose & Romero-Medina, Antonio, 2011. "Re-Reforming the Bostonian System: A Novel Approach to the Schooling Problem," MPRA Paper 28206, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Davia, Maria A. & McGuinness, Seamus & O'Connell, Philip J., 2010. "Explaining International Differences in Rates of Overeducation in Europe," Papers WP365, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Néstor Duch-Brown & Montserrat Vilalta, 2010. "Can better governance increase university efficiency?," Working Papers 2010/52, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).