Report NEP-EDU-2010-07-03This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Steffen Reinhold, 2009. "Does Schooling Affect Health Behavior? Evidence from Educational Expansion in Western Germany," MEA discussion paper series 09186, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Poutvaara, Panu & Ropponen, Olli, 2010. "School Shootings and Student Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 5009, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hensvik, Lena, 2010. "Competition, wages and teacher sorting: four lessons learned from a voucher reform," Working Paper Series 2010:8, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Osvaldo Larrañaga & Amanda Telias, 2010. "Inequality of Opportunities in the Educational Attainment of Chilean Students," Working Papers wp310, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Budria, Santiago, 2010. "Are educational mismatches responsible for the ‘inequality increasing effect’ of education?," MPRA Paper 23420, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paredes, Ricardo D. & Souza, André Portela Fernandes de & Leme, Maria Carolina da Silva, 2010. "Decentralization and education performance: a first view to the Brazilian process," Textos para discussão 207, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Björklund, Anders & Salvanes, Kjell G., 2010. "Education and Family Background: Mechanisms and Policies," IZA Discussion Papers 5002, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Orkodashvili, Mariam, 2009. "Double – shift schooling and EFA goals: assessing economic, educational and social impacts," MPRA Paper 23519, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jesse Bricker & Kalena E. Cortes & Chris Rohlfs, 2010. "The role of specific subjects in education production functions: evidence from morning classes in Chicago public high schools," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2010-33, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Juliano Assuncao & Leandro Siqueira Carvalho, 2010. "Financial Constraints, Endogenous Educational Choices and Self-Selection of Migrants," Working Papers 758, RAND Corporation.
- Orkodashvili, Mariam, 2010. "Quality education through Child-Friendly Schools: resource allocation for the protection of children’s rights," MPRA Paper 23520, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Basit Zafar, 2010. "Can subjective expectations data be used in choice models? Evidence on cognitive biases," Staff Reports 454, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Lamo, Ana & Messina, Julián, 2010. "Formal education, mismatch and wages after transition: Assessing the impact of unobserved heterogeneity using matching estimators," Working Paper Series 1215, European Central Bank.
- King, Elizabeth M. & Montenegro, Claudio E. & Orazem, Peter, 2010. "Economic Freedom, Human Rights, and the Returns to Human Capital: An Evaluation of the Schultz Hypothesis," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31641, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Adelaide Duarte & Marta Simões, 2010. "Regional growth in Portugal: assessing the contribution of earnings and education inequality," GEMF Working Papers 2010-11, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Batyra, Anna & Sneessens, Henri R., 2010. "Selective Reductions in Labor Taxation: Labor Market Adjustments and Macroeconomic Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 5013, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bas ter Weel & Albert van der Horst & George Gelauff, 2010. "Strengthen cities to prepare the Netherlands for the future," CPB Special Publication 88, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.