Report NEP-EDU-2009-03-14This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Barrera-Osorio, Felipe & Linden, Leigh L., 2009. "The use and misuse of computers in education : evidence from a randomized experiment in Colombia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4836, The World Bank.
- Philip Babcock & Julian R. Betts, 2009. "Reduced-Class Distinctions: Effort, Ability, and the Education Production Function," NBER Working Papers 14777, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francisco Henríquez & Alejandra Mizala & Andrea Repetto, 2009. "Effective Schools for Low Income Children: a Study of Chile’s Sociedad de Instrucción Primaria," Documentos de Trabajo 258, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Rogers, F. Halsey & Vegas, Emiliana, 2009. "No more cutting class ? reducing teacher absence and providing incentives for performance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4847, The World Bank.
- David Johnson, 2009. "Collateral Damage: The Impact of Work Stoppages on Student Performance in Ontario," e-briefs 74, C.D. Howe Institute.
- Vassiliki Koutsogeorgopoulou, 2009. "Enhancing Educational Performance in Australia," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 678, OECD Publishing.
- Marigee Bacolod & John DiNardo & Mireille Jacobson, 2009. "Beyond Incentives: Do Schools use Accountability Rewards Productively?," NBER Working Papers 14775, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ferre, Celine, 2009. "Age at first child : does education delay fertility timing ? the case of Kenya," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4833, The World Bank.
- Dulleck, Uwe & Kerschbamer, Rudolf & Sutter, Matthias, 2009. "The Economics of Credence Goods: On the Role of Liability, Verifiability, Reputation and Competition," IZA Discussion Papers 4030, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Maria Knoth Humlum & Rune Majlund Vejlin, 2009. "The Effects of Financial Aid in High School on Academic and Labor Market Outcomes: A Quasi-Experimental Study," Economics Working Papers 2009-02, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Sugimoto, Yoshiaki & Nakagawa, Masao, 2009. "From Duty to Right: The Role of Public Education in the Transition to Aging Societies," MPRA Paper 13835, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Item repec:lan:wpaper:005930 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Isabel Maria Bodas Freitas & Bart Verspagen, 2009. "The motivations, organisation and outcomes of university-industry interaction in the Netherlands," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20090304, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Jennifer L. Steele & Richard J. Murnane & John B. Willett, 2009. "Do Financial Incentives Help Low-Performing Schools Attract and Keep Academically Talented Teachers? Evidence from California," NBER Working Papers 14780, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.