Report NEP-DEV-2007-09-24This is the archive for NEP-DEV, a report on new working papers in the area of Development. Jeong-Joon Lee issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
Subscribe to this report: email or RSS.
Other reports in NEP-DEV
The following items were announced in this report:
- Ghesquiere, Francis & Mahul, Olivier, 2007. "Sovereign natural disaster insurance for developing countries : a paradigm shift in catastrophe risk financing," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4345, The World Bank.
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Vincenzo Quadrini & José-Victor Ríos-Rull, 2007. "On the Welfare Implications of Financial Globalization without Financial Development," NBER Working Papers 13412, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Morrison, Andrew & Raju, Dhushyanth & Sinha, Nistha, 2007. "Gender equality, poverty and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4349, The World Bank.
- Epstein, Gil S. & Kahana, Nava, 2007. "The Effect of Emigration on Child Labor," IZA Discussion Papers 3025, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Tatiana Britto, 2007. "The Challenges of El Salvador’s Conditional Cash Transfer Programme, Red Solidaria," Research Report 9, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Alex Sienaert, 2007. "Migration, Remittances and Public Transfers: Evidence from South Africa," Economics Series Working Papers 351, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Item repec:hal:papers:halshs-00132531_v2 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Beegle, Kathleen & De Weerdt, Joachim & Dercon, Stefan, 2007. "The long-run impact of orphanhood," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4353, The World Bank.
- Bali Swain, Ranjula & Wallentin, Fan Yang, 2007. "DOES MICROFINANCE EMPOWER WOMEN? Evidence from Self Help Groups in India," Working Paper Series 2007:24, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Ogilvie, S., 2007. "Can We Rehabilitate the Guilds? A Sceptical Re-Appraisal," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0745, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pedro Dal Bo & Andrew Foster & Louis Putterman, 2007. "Institutions and Behavior: Experimental Evidence on the Effects of Democracy," Working Papers 2007-9, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Oskar Nupia, 2007. "Decentralization, corruption, and political accountability in developing countries," Documentos CEDE 004013, Universidad de los Andes â€“ Facultad de Economía â€“ CEDE.
- Brunt, Liam, 2007. "Property Rights and Economic Growth: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," CEPR Discussion Papers 6404, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ashraf, Quamrul & Galor, Oded, 2007. "Cultural Assimilation, Cultural Diffusion and the Origin of the Wealth of Nations," CEPR Discussion Papers 6444, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Strulik, Holger & Weisdorf, Jacob, 2007. "The Simplest Unified Growth Theory," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-375, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Carol Newman & John Rand & Finn Tarp, 2007. "Sector Switching: An Unexplored Dimension of Firm Dynamics in Developing Countries," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp230, IIIS.
- Li, Hongbin & Zhang, Junsen & Zhu, Yi, 2007. "The Quantity-Quality Tradeoff of Children in a Developing Country: Identification Using Chinese Twins," IZA Discussion Papers 3012, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Emerson, Patrick M. & Portela Souza, André, 2007. "Is Child Labor Harmful? The Impact of Working Earlier in Life on Adult Earnings," IZA Discussion Papers 3027, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Batista, Catia & Lacuesta, Aitor & Vicente, Pedro C., 2007. "Brain Drain or Brain Gain? Micro Evidence from an African Success Story," IZA Discussion Papers 3035, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Marijke Verpoorten, 2007. "Household Coping in war- and peacetime: cattle sales in Rwanda, 1991-2001," LICOS Discussion Papers 18907, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Brenton, Paul & Hoppe, Mombert, 2007. "Clothing and export diversification : still a route to growth for low-income countries ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4343, The World Bank.
- Baird, Sarah & Friedman, Jed & Schady, Norbert, 2007. "Infant mortality over the business cycle in the developing world," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4346, The World Bank.
- Carletto, Calogero & Kirk, Angeli & Winters, Paul & Davis, Benjamin, 2007. "Non-traditional crops, traditional constraints : the adoption and diffusion of export crops among guatemalan smallholders," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4347, The World Bank.
- Hanson, James A., 2007. "The growth in government domestic debt : changing burdens and risks," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4348, The World Bank.
- Gauthier, Bernard & Wane, Waly, 2007. "Leakage of public resources in the health sector : an empirical investigation of Chad," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4351, The World Bank.
- Lena Giesbert, 2007. "Seeking Opportunities: Migration as an Income Diversification Strategy of Households in Kakamega District in Kenya," GIGA Working Paper Series 58, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.