Anticipatory and Objective Models of Durable Goods Demand
In: Explorations in Economic Research, Volume 1, number 2
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Juster, F Thomas & Wachtel, Paul, 1972. "Anticipatory and Objective Models of Durable Goods Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 564-579.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Wachtel, 1972. "A Model of Interrelated Demand for Assets by Households," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 1, number 2, pages 129-140 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philip Cagan, 1965. "The Effect of Pension Plans on Aggregate Saving: Evidence from a Sample Survey," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number caga65-2.
- Saul H. Hymans, 1970. "Consumer Durable Spending: Explanation and Prediction," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, pages 173-206.
- Hayne E. Leland, 1968. "Saving and Uncertainty: The Precautionary Demand for Saving," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 82(3), pages 465-473.
- Eva Mueller, 1959. "Consumer Reactions to Inflation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 73(2), pages 246-262.
- Thomas J. Sargent, 1972. "Anticipated Inflation and the Nominal Rate of Interest," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 86(2), pages 212-225.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Smit, H.P., 1981. "Demand and supply of natural rubber," Serie Research Memoranda 0002, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Smit, H.P., 1981. "World tire and rubber demand," Serie Research Memoranda 0024, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1981. "Permanent Income, Liquidity, and Expenditure on Automobiles: Evidence from Panel Data," NBER Working Papers 0756, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James A. Wilcox, 2008. "Consumer sentiment and consumer spending," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue jun27.
- Choudhry, Taufiq, 2003. "Stock market volatility and the US consumer expenditure," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, pages 367-385.
- Dilyara Ibragimova, 2014. "Consumer Expectations Of Russian Populations: Cohort Analysis (1996–2009)," HSE Working papers WP BRP 41/SOC/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Smit, H.P., 1981. "The world vehicle market," Serie Research Memoranda 0015, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Hassan Gholipour Fereidouni & Reza Tajaddini, 2017. "Housing Wealth, Financial Wealth and Consumption Expenditure: The Role of Consumer Confidence," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 54(2), pages 216-236, February.
- E. Scott Maynes, 1976. "The Concept and Measurement of Product Quality," NBER Chapters,in: Household Production and Consumption, pages 529-584 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Néstor Gandelman, 2005. "Community tax evasion models: A stochastic dominance test," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 8, pages 279-297, November.
- Olorunsola E. Olowofeso & Sani Doguwa, 2013. "Consumer sentiment and confidence indices in Nigeria: a panel data analysis," IFC Bulletins chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Proceedings of the Sixth IFC Conference on "Statistical issues and activities in a changing environment", Basel, 28-29 August 2012., volume 36, pages 191-216 Bank for International Settlements.
- Kumar, V. & Leone, Robert P. & Gaskins, John N., 1995. "Aggregate and disaggregate sector forecasting using consumer confidence measures," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 361-377, September.
- Adrian W. Throop., 1985. "Current fiscal policy: is it stimulating investment or consumption?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Win, pages 19-44.
- Adrian W. Throop, 1988. "An evaluation of alternative measures of expected inflation," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sum, pages 27-43.
- Ivan Roberts & John Simon, 2001. "What do Sentiment Surveys Measure?," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2001-09, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- João Alberto De Negri & Celso Garrido & Vinicius Rodrigues Peçanha & Leonardo E. Stanley, 2010. "La inserción de América Latina en las cadenas globales de valor," Serie Red MERCOSUR, Red Mercosur, edition 1, volume 1, number 19 edited by Victor Prochnik (Coordinador), Autumn.
- Smimou, K., 2014. "Consumer attitudes, stock market liquidity, and the macro economy: A Canadian perspective," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 186-209.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:7400. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .