Participation in Illegitimate Activities: An Economic Analysis
In: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zellner, Arnold, 1970. "Estimation of Regression Relationships Containing Unobservable Independent Variables," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 11(3), pages 441-454, October.
- George J. Stigler, 1974. "The Optimum Enforcement of Laws," NBER Chapters, in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 55-67, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gerson Javier Pérez V., 2012.
"Goals Met or Just Empty Promises? First Version of the Democratic Security Policy in Colombia,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
009408, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Gerson Javier Pérez V., 2012. "Goals Met or Just Empty Promises? First Version of the Democratic Security Policy in Colombia," Borradores de Economia 700, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Lippert, Christian, 2002. "Zur Ökonomik der Kontrollmaßnahmen bei Lebensmitteln und Futtermitteln," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 51(03), pages 1-14.
- Gerson Javier Perez, 2012.
"Primera versión de la política de seguridad democrática: se cumplieron los objetivos?,"
Revista de Economía del Rosario, Universidad del Rosario, December.
- Gerson Javier Pérez Valbuena, 2012. "Primera versión de la Política de Seguridad Democrática: ¿Se cumplieron los objetivos?," Documentos de trabajo sobre Economía Regional y Urbana 165, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Gerson Javier Pérez Valbuena, 2012. "Primera versión de la Política de Seguridad Democrática: ¿Se cumplieron los objetivos?," Documentos de Trabajo Sobre Economía Regional y Urbana 009385, Banco de la República - Economía Regional.
- Catalina Gómez & Hermilson Velásquez & Andrés Julián Rendón & Santiago Bohórquez, 2014. "Crime in Colombia: More law enforcement or more justice?," Documentos de Trabajo CIEF 011998, Universidad EAFIT.
- Kugler, Maurice & Verdier, Thierry & Zenou, Yves, 2005.
"Organized crime, corruption and punishment,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(9-10), pages 1639-1663, September.
- Kugler, Maurice & Verdier, Thierry & Zenou, Yves, 2003. "Organized Crime, Corruption and Punishment," Working Paper Series 600, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Maurice Kugler & Thierry Verdier & Yves Zenou, 2005. "Organized crime, corruption and punishment," Post-Print halshs-00754068, HAL.
- Maurice Kugler & Thierry Verdier & Yves Zenou, 2003. "Organized Crime, Corruption and Punishment," DELTA Working Papers 2003-34, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Kugler, Maurice & Verdier, Thierry & Zenou, Yves, 2003. "Organized Crime, Corruption and Punishment," CEPR Discussion Papers 3806, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kugler, Maurice & Verdier, Thierry & Zenou, Yves, 2004. "Organised crime, corruption and punishment," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 0407, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Jack Hirshleifer, 1981. "Scarcity, Self-Interest, Spontaneous Order," UCLA Economics Working Papers 224, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Cox, Adam & Craig, Russell & Tourish, Dennis, 2018. "Retraction statements and research malpractice in economics," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(5), pages 924-935.
- Alano, Bienvenido Jr. P., 1984. "Import Smuggling in the Philippines: An Economic Analysis," Philippine Journal of Development JPD 1984 Vol. XI No. 2-a, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Philip J. Cook & John MacDonald, 2010. "The Role of Private Action in Controlling Crime," NBER Chapters, in: Controlling Crime: Strategies and Tradeoffs, pages 331-363, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Saito, Tetsuya, 2010.
"Taxing guns vs. taxing crime: An application of the "market for offenses model","
Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 670-689, September.
- Isaac Ehrlich & Tetsuya Saito, 2010. "Taxing Guns vs. Taxing Crime: An Application of the "Market for Offenses Model"," NBER Working Papers 16009, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helen V. Tauchen & Ann Dryden Witte & Harriet Griesinger, 1988. "Deterrence, Work and Crime: Revisiting the Issues with Birth Cohort Data," NBER Working Papers 2508, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fullerton Don & Mohr Robert D., 2003.
"Suggested Subsidies are Sub-optimal Unless Combined with an Output Tax,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Don Fullerton & Robert D. Mohr, 2002. "Suggested Subsidies are Sub-optimal Unless Combined with an Output Tax," NBER Working Papers 8723, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roman Horvath & Eva Kolomaznikova, 2002. "Individual Decision-Making to Commit a Crime: Early Models," Law and Economics 0210001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Lippert & Alexander Zorn & Stephan Dabbert, 2014. "Econometric analysis of noncompliance with organic farming standards in Switzerland," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(3), pages 313-325, May.
- Gertz, Marc G. & Gould, Leroy C., 1995. "Fear of punishment and the willingness to engage in criminal behavior: A research note," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 377-384.
- Daniel Y. Rothschild & Walter E. Block, 2016. "Don't Steal; The Government Hates Competition: The Problem with Civil Asset Forfeiture," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 31(Spring 20), pages 45-56.
- Philip J. Cook, 2008. "Assessing Urban Crime And Its Control: An Overview," NBER Working Papers 13781, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olof Dahlbäck, 1998. "Analyzing the Relationships between Individual Criminal Behavior and the Severity and Probability of Punishment," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 257-273, August.
- Alexander Tabarrok, 1997. "A simple model of crime waves, riots, and revolutions," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 25(3), pages 274-288, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:3627. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.