Business Models and Financing Options for a Rapid Scale-up of Rooftop Solar Power Systems in Thailand
In: Financing Renewable Energy Development in East Asia Summit Countries A Primer of Effective Policy Instruments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Friebe, Christian A. & Flotow, Paschen von & Täube, Florian A., 2013.
"Exploring the link between products and services in low-income markets—Evidence from solar home systems,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 760-769.
- Christian A. Friebe & Paschen von Flotow & Florian Taübe, 2013. "Exploring the link between products and services in low-income markets: Evidence from solar home systems," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/206765, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Liu, Xiaohui & O'Rear, Eric G. & Tyner, Wallace E. & Pekny, Joseph F., 2014. "Purchasing vs. leasing: A benefit-cost analysis of residential solar PV panel use in California," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 770-774.
- Asmus, Peter, 2008. "Exploring New Models of Solar Energy Development," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 61-70, April.
- Branker, K. & Pathak, M.J.M. & Pearce, J.M., 2011.
"A review of solar photovoltaic levelized cost of electricity,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4470-4482.
- K. Branker & M. J. M. Pathak & J.M. Pearce, 2011. "A review of solar photovoltaic levelized cost of electricity," Post-Print hal-02120492, HAL.
- Huijben, J.C.C.M. & Verbong, G.P.J., 2013. "Breakthrough without subsidies? PV business model experiments in the Netherlands," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 362-370.
- Zott, Christoph & Amit, Raphael & Massa, Lorenzo, 2010. "The business model: Theoretical roots, recent developments, and future research," IESE Research Papers D/862, IESE Business School.
- Richter, Mario, 2013. "Business model innovation for sustainable energy: German utilities and renewable energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1226-1237.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Junlakarn, Siripha & Kittner, Noah & Tongsopit, Sopitsuda & Saelim, Supawan, 2021. "A cross-country comparison of compensation mechanisms for distributed photovoltaics in the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 145(C).
- Li, Yan & Zhang, Qi & Wang, Ge & McLellan, Benjamin & Liu, Xue Fei & Wang, Le, 2018. "A review of photovoltaic poverty alleviation projects in China: Current status, challenge and policy recommendations," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 214-223.
- Kittner, Noah & Gheewala, Shabbir H. & Kammen, Daniel M., 2016. "Energy return on investment (EROI) of mini-hydro and solar PV systems designed for a mini-grid," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 410-419.
- Siripha Junlakarn & Phimsupha Kokchang & Kulyos Audomvongseree, 2022. "Drivers and Challenges of Peer-to-Peer Energy Trading Development in Thailand," Energies, MDPI, vol. 15(3), pages 1-25, February.
- Chaianong, Aksornchan & Tongsopit, Sopitsuda & Bangviwat, Athikom & Menke, Christoph, 2019. "Bill saving analysis of rooftop PV customers and policy implications for Thailand," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 422-434.
- Methee Srikranjanapert & Siripha Junlakarn & Naebboon Hoonchareon, 2021. "How an Integration of Home Energy Management and Battery System Affects the Economic Benefits of Residential PV System Owners in Thailand," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(5), pages 1-20, March.
- Suntiti Yoomak & Theerasak Patcharoen & Atthapol Ngaopitakkul, 2019. "Performance and Economic Evaluation of Solar Rooftop Systems in Different Regions of Thailand," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(23), pages 1-20, November.
- Wichsinee Wibulpolprasert & Umnouy Ponsukcharoen & Siripha Junlakarn & Sopitsuda Tongsopit, 2021. "Preliminarily Screening Geographical Hotspots for New Rooftop PV Installation: A Case Study in Thailand," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(11), pages 1-30, June.
- Andrea A. Eras-Almeida & Miguel A. Egido-Aguilera & Philipp Blechinger & Sarah Berendes & Estefanía Caamaño & Enrique García-Alcalde, 2020. "Decarbonizing the Galapagos Islands: Techno-Economic Perspectives for the Hybrid Renewable Mini-Grid Baltra–Santa Cruz," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(6), pages 1-47, March.
- Chawin Prapanukool & Surachai Chaitusaney, 2020. "Designing Solar Power Purchase Agreement of Rooftop PVs with Battery Energy Storage Systems under the Behind-the-Meter Scheme," Energies, MDPI, vol. 13(17), pages 1-18, August.
- Schleich, Joachim & Tu, Gengyang & Faure, Corinne & Guetlein, Marie-Charlotte, 2021. "Would you prefer to rent rather than own your new heating system? Insights from a discrete choice experiment among owner-occupiers in the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 158(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Tongsopit, Sopitsuda & Moungchareon, Sunee & Aksornkij, Apinya & Potisat, Tanai, 2016. "Business models and financing options for a rapid scale-up of rooftop solar power systems in Thailand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 447-457.
- Juntunen, Jouni K. & Hyysalo, Sampsa, 2015. "Renewable micro-generation of heat and electricity—Review on common and missing socio-technical configurations," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 857-870.
- Rutovitz, Jay & Oliva H., Sebastian & McIntosh, Lawrence & Langham, Ed & Teske, Sven & Atherton, Alison & Kelly, Scott, 2018. "Local network credits and local electricity trading: Results of virtual trials and the policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 324-334.
- Overholm, Harald, 2015. "Spreading the rooftop revolution: What policies enable solar-as-a-service?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 69-79.
- Sufang Zhang, . "Innovative Business Models and Financing Mechanisms for Distributed Solar Photovoltaic (DSPV) Deployment in China," Chapters, in: Shigeru Kimura & Youngho Chang & Yanfei Li (ed.), Financing Renewable Energy Development in East Asia Summit Countries A Primer of Effective Policy Instruments, chapter 6, pages 161-191, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Horváth, Dóra & Szabó, Roland Zs., 2018. "Evolution of photovoltaic business models: Overcoming the main barriers of distributed energy deployment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 623-635.
- Zhang, Sufang, 2016. "Innovative business models and financing mechanisms for distributed solar PV (DSPV) deployment in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 458-467.
- Karakaya, Emrah & Nuur, Cali & Hidalgo, Antonio, 2016. "Business model challenge: Lessons from a local solar company," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 1026-1035.
- Jesús Rodríguez-Molina & Margarita Martínez-Núñez & José-Fernán Martínez & Waldo Pérez-Aguiar, 2014. "Business Models in the Smart Grid: Challenges, Opportunities and Proposals for Prosumer Profitability," Energies, MDPI, vol. 7(9), pages 1-30, September.
- Michael Hamwi & Jérémy Legardeur & Iban Lizarralde, 2016. "Energy Product Service Systems as core element of energy transition in the household sector: The Greenplay project," Post-Print hal-01404187, HAL.
- Li, Changsheng & Shen, Bo, 2019. "Accelerating renewable energy electrification and rural economic development with an innovative business model: A case study in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 280-286.
- Hall, Stephen & Roelich, Katy, 2016. "Business model innovation in electricity supply markets: The role of complex value in the United Kingdom," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 286-298.
- Burger, Scott P. & Luke, Max, 2017. "Business models for distributed energy resources: A review and empirical analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 230-248.
- Jung, Jinho & Tyner, Wallace E., 2014. "Economic and policy analysis for solar PV systems in Indiana," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 123-133.
- Koerner, Sonja Angelika & Siew, Wei Sian & Salema, Arshad Adam & Balan, Poovarasi & Mekhilef, Saad & Thavamoney, Nisha, 2022. "Energy policies shaping the solar photovoltaics business models in Malaysia with some insights on Covid-19 pandemic effect," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 164(C).
- Mirzania, Pegah & Balta-Ozkan, Nazmiye & Ford, Andy, 2020. "An innovative viable model for community-owned solar PV projects without FIT: Comprehensive techno-economic assessment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 146(C).
- Nicholas Mukisa & Ramon Zamora & Tek Tjing Lie, 2022. "Energy Business Initiatives for Grid-Connected Solar Photovoltaic Systems: An Overview," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(22), pages 1-26, November.
- Michael Hamwi & Iban Lizarralde, 2019. "Demand-side management and renewable energy business models for energy transition A systematic review," Post-Print hal-02448505, HAL.
- Galassi, Veronica & Madlener, Reinhard, 2014. "Identifying Business Models for Photovoltaic Systems with Storage in the Italian Market: A Discrete Choice Experiment," FCN Working Papers 19/2014, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Gabriel, Cle-Anne & Kirkwood, Jodyanne, 2016. "Business models for model businesses: Lessons from renewable energy entrepreneurs in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 336-349.
More about this item
KeywordsRooftop solar power; business model; financing; Thailand;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:era:chaptr:2014-rpr-27-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/eriadid.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Ranti Amelia The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ranti Amelia to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/eriadid.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.