|[This author has chosen not to make the email address public]|
|Terminal Degree:||2006 Department of Economics; University of Maryland (from RePEc Genealogy)|
Department of Economics Calgary, Canada
University of Calgary
RePEc:edi:declgca (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles Books
- Smith, Jeffrey A. & Whalley, Alexander & Wilcox, Nathaniel T., 2020. "Are Program Participants Good Evaluators?," IZA Discussion Papers 13584, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Alexander Whalley, 2010.
"Elected Versus Appointed Policymakers: Evidence from City Treasurers,"
NBER Working Papers
15643, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexander Whalley, 2013. "Elected versus Appointed Policy Makers: Evidence from City Treasurers," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56(1), pages 39-81.
- Shawn Kantor & Alexander Whalley, 2009. "Do Universities Generate Agglomeration Spillovers? Evidence from Endowment Value Shocks," NBER Working Papers 15299, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ginger Zhe Jin & Alex Whalley, 2007. "The Power of Attention: Do Rankings Affect the Financial Resources of Public Colleges?," NBER Working Papers 12941, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexander Whalley, 2004. "Black-White Differences in the Insurance Value of Human Capital," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 575, Econometric Society.
- Andrews, Michael J. & Whalley, Alexander, 2022. "150 years of the geography of innovation," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(C).
- Whalley, Alexander, 2021. "Mission Economy: A Moonshot Guide to Changing Capitalism. By Mariana Mazzucato. London: Allen Lane, 2021, Pp. 272. $24.72, hardcover," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 81(2), pages 643-645, June.
- Whalley, Alexander, 2019. "Building the Ivory Tower: Universities and Metropolitan Development in the Twentieth Century. By LaDale C. Winling. Philadelphia, PA: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2018. Pp. 264. $39.95, hardcover," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 79(2), pages 574-576, June.
- Shawn Kantor & Alexander Whalley, 2019. "Research Proximity and Productivity: Long-Term Evidence from Agriculture," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 127(2), pages 819-854.
- Vlaicu, Razvan & Whalley, Alexander, 2016. "Hierarchical accountability in government," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 85-99.
- Alexander Whalley & Justin Hicks, 2014. "Spending Wisely? How Resources Affect Knowledge Production In Universities," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(1), pages 35-55, January.
- Shawn Kantor & Alexander Whalley, 2014. "Knowledge Spillovers from Research Universities: Evidence from Endowment Value Shocks," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 96(1), pages 171-188, March.
- Alexander Whalley, 2013.
"Elected versus Appointed Policy Makers: Evidence from City Treasurers,"
Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56(1), pages 39-81.
- Alexander Whalley, 2010. "Elected Versus Appointed Policymakers: Evidence from City Treasurers," NBER Working Papers 15643, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Whalley, Alexander, 2013. "Art and Science in Breeding: Creating Better Chickens. By Margaret E. Derry. Toronto: University of Toronto Press. 2012. Pp. 228. $65.00, hardcover," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 73(3), pages 892-893, September.
- Yihsu Chen & Alexander Whalley, 2012. "Green Infrastructure: The Effects of Urban Rail Transit on Air Quality," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 58-97, February.
- Whalley, Alexander, 2011. "Education and labor market risk: Understanding the role of data cleaning," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 528-545, June.
- Razvan Vlaicu & Alexander Whalley, 2011. "Do housing bubbles generate fiscal bubbles?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 149(1), pages 89-108, October.
- Jeffrey Smith & Alexander Whalley & Nathaniel Wilcox, 2021. "Are Participants Good Evaluators?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number apge, july-dece.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
Co-authorship network on CollEc
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 3 papers announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
- NEP-EDU: Education (2) 2007-03-03 2009-08-30
- NEP-IPR: Intellectual Property Rights (1) 2009-08-30
- NEP-LAB: Labour Economics (1) 2009-08-30
- NEP-LMA: Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages (1) 2020-09-28
- NEP-URE: Urban & Real Estate Economics (1) 2009-08-30
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Alexander Whalley should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.