John R. Birge
|[This author has chosen not to make the email address public]|
Booth School of Business Chicago, Illinois (United States)
University of Chicago
:1101 East 58th Street, Chicago, Illinois 60637
RePEc:edi:sbuchus (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles
- Victor M. Zavala & Kibaek Kim & Mihai Anitescu & John Birge, 2015. "A Stochastic Electricity Market Clearing Formulation with Consistent Pricing Properties," Papers 1510.08335, arXiv.org.
- Chonawee Supatgiat & John R. Birge & Rachel Q. Zhang, 2002. "Optimal Bidding Strategies in Non-Sealed Bid Online Auctions of Common Products with Quantity Uncertainty," Game Theory and Information 0211005, EconWPA, revised 05 Mar 2003.
- Birge, John R. & Freund, Robert Michael., 1990. "Prior reduced fill-in in solving equations in interior point algorithms," Working papers 3186-90., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Birge, J.R. & Dula, J., 1987. "Bounding the expectation of convex functions with limited distribution information," CORE Discussion Papers 1987033, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ritzenhofen, Ingmar & Birge, John R. & Spinler, Stefan, 2016. "The structural impact of renewable portfolio standards and feed-in tariffs on electricity markets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 255(1), pages 224-242.
- Ahuja, Vishal & Birge, John R., 2016. "Response-adaptive designs for clinical trials: Simultaneous learning from multiple patients," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 248(2), pages 619-633.
- Tsan-Ming Choi & T. C. E. Cheng & Xiande Zhao & Desheng Dash Wu & Cuicui Luo & Haofei Wang & John R. Birge, 2016. "Bi-level Programing Merger Evaluation and Application to Banking Operations," Production and Operations Management, Production and Operations Management Society, vol. 25(3), pages 498-515, March.
- John R. Birge & Luis Chavez-Bedoya, 2016. "Portfolio optimization under a generalized hyperbolic skewed t distribution and exponential utility," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(7), pages 1019-1036, July.
- John R. Birge, 2015. "OM Forum—Operations and Finance Interactions," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 17(1), pages 4-15, February.
- S. Alex Yang & John R. Birge & Rodney P. Parker, 2015. "The Supply Chain Effects of Bankruptcy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(10), pages 2320-2338, October.
- Chavez-Bedoya, Luis & Birge, John, 2014. "Index tracking and enhanced indexation using a parametric approach," Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Science, Universidad ESAN, vol. 19(36), pages 19-44.
- Birge, John R. & Júdice, Pedro, 2013. "Long-term bank balance sheet management: Estimation and simulation of risk-factors," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 4711-4720.
- Wu, Desheng Dash & Olson, David L. & Birge, John R., 2011. "Introduction to special issue on "Enterprise risk management in operations"," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 1-2, November.
- Desheng Wu & Zhaoxin Zhou & John Birge, 2011. "Estimation of potential gains from mergers in multiple periods: a comparison of stochastic frontier analysis and Data Envelopment Analysis," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 186(1), pages 357-381, June.
- Desheng Dash Wu & David L. Olson & Luis A. Seco & John Birge, 2011. "Introduction To The Special Issue On "Operational Research And Asia Risk Management"," Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research (APJOR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 28(01), pages 1-1.
- Birge, John R. & Yang, Song, 2007. "A model for tax advantages of portfolios with many assets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 3269-3290, November.
- Joyce W. Yen & John R. Birge, 2006. "A Stochastic Programming Approach to the Airline Crew Scheduling Problem," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(1), pages 3-14, February.
- Grasman, Scott E. & Olsen, Tava Lennon & Birge, John R., 2005. "Finite buffer polling models with routing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 165(3), pages 794-809, September.
- John R. Birge, 2004. "Scheduling a Professional Sports League in Microsoft ® Excel: Showing Students the Value of Good Modeling and Solution Techniques," INFORMS Transactions on Education, INFORMS, vol. 5(1), pages 56-66, September.
- Supatgiat, Chonawee & Zhang, Rachel Q & Birge, John R, 2001. "Equilibrium Values in a Competitive Power Exchange Market," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 17(1), pages 93-121, February.
- Samer Takriti & John R. Birge, 2000. "Lagrangian Solution Techniques and Bounds for Loosely Coupled Mixed-Integer Stochastic Programs," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 48(1), pages 91-98, February.
- John R. Birge, 2000. "Option Methods for Incorporating Risk into Linear Capacity Planning Models," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 2(1), pages 19-31, August.
- John R. Birge, 1997. "State-of-the-Art-Survey---Stochastic Programming: Computation and Applications," INFORMS Journal on Computing, INFORMS, vol. 9(2), pages 111-133, May.
- John R. Birge & Charles H. Rosa, 1996. "Incorporating Investment Uncertainty into Greenhouse Policy Models," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 79-89.
- John R. Birge & Marilyn J. Maddox, 1995. "Bounds on Expected Project Tardiness," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 43(5), pages 838-850, October.
- Birge, John R. & Rosa, Charles H., 1995. "Modeling investment uncertainty in the costs of global CO2 emission policy," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 466-488, June.
- John R. Birge & James K. Ho, 1993. "Optimal Flows in Stochastic Dynamic Networks with Congestion," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 41(1), pages 203-216, February.
- John R. Birge & Liqun Qi, 1993. "Semiregularity and Generalized Subdifferentials with Applications to Optimization," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 18(4), pages 982-1005, November.
- James C. Bean & John R. Birge & John Mittenthal & Charles E. Noon, 1991. "Matchup Scheduling with Multiple Resources, Release Dates and Disruptions," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 39(3), pages 470-483, June.
- John Birge & Marc Teboulle, 1989. "Upper Bounds on the Expected Value of a Convex Function Using Gradient and Conjugate Function Information," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 14(4), pages 745-759, November.
- John R. Birge & Stephen M. Pollock, 1989. "Using Parallel Iteration for Approximate Analysis of a Multiple Server Queueing System," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 37(5), pages 769-779, October.
- John R. Birge & Liqun Qi, 1988. "Computing Block-Angular Karmarkar Projections with Applications to Stochastic Programming," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(12), pages 1472-1479, December.
- Birge, John R. & Louveaux, Francois V., 1988. "A multicut algorithm for two-stage stochastic linear programs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 384-392, March.
- John R. Birge & Roger J.-B. Wets, 1987. "Computing Bounds for Stochastic Programming Problems by Means of a Generalized Moment Problem," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 12(1), pages 149-162, February.
- James C. Bean & John R. Birge & Robert L. Smith, 1987. "Aggregation in Dynamic Programming," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 35(2), pages 215-220, April.
- John R. Birge, 1985. "Decomposition and Partitioning Methods for Multistage Stochastic Linear Programs," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 33(5), pages 989-1007, October.
- James C. Bean & John R. Birge, 1980. "Reducing Travelling Costs and Player Fatigue in the National Basketball Association," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 10(3), pages 98-102, June.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 2 papers announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, John R. Birge should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.