by members of
Division of Health Policy and Management
These are publications listed in RePEc written by members of the above institution who are registered with the RePEc Author Service. Thus this compiles the works all those currently affiliated with this institution, not those affilated at the time of publication. List of registered members. Register yourself. Citation analysis.Find also a compilation of publications from alumni here.
School of Public Health
University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, Minnesota (United States)
This page is updated in the first days of each month.
| Working papers | Journal articles | Chapters |
- Humphreys, Brad & Nyman, John & Ruseski, Jane, 2011. "The Effect of Gambling on Health: Evidence from Canada," Working Papers 2011-18, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Stephen T. Parente & David Salkever & Joan DaVanzo, 2003. "The Role of Consumer Knowledge of Insurance Benefits in the Demand for Preventative Health," NBER Working Papers 9912, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nyman, J.A., 1999. "The Welfare Economics of Insurance Contracts that pay off by Reducing Price," Papers 308, Minnesota - Center for Economic Research.
- Feldman Roger D & Parente Stephen T, 2010. "Enrollee Incentives in Consumer Directed Health Plans: Spend Now or Save for Later?," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 13(2), pages 1-20, April.
- Stephen T Parente, 2009. "Health Information Technology and Financing's Next Frontier: The Potential of Medical Banking," Business Economics, Palgrave Macmillan;National Association for Business Economics, vol. 44(1), pages 41-50, January.
- John Nyman, 2008. "Health insurance theory: the case of the missing welfare gain," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 9(4), pages 369-380, November.
- Nyman, John A. & Welte, John W. & Dowd, Bryan E., 2008. "Something for nothing: A model of gambling behavior," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2492-2504, December.
- John A Nyman, 2006. "Evaluating Health Insurance: A Review of the Theoretical Foundations," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 31(4), pages 720-738, October.
- John A. Nyman, 2006. "More on survival consumption costs in cost-utility analysis," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(3), pages 319-322.
- Stephen T. Parente & David S. Salkever & Joan DaVanzo, 2005. "The role of consumer knowledge of insurance benefits in the demand for preventive health care among the elderly," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(1), pages 25-38.
- John A. Nyman, 2004. "Should the consumption of survivors be included as a cost in cost-utility analysis?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(5), pages 417-427.
- Nyman, John A., 2001. "The income transfer effect, the access value of insurance and the Rand health insurance experiment," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 295-298, March.
- Nyman, John A., 1999. "The economics of moral hazard revisited," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 811-824, December.
- Nyman, John A., 1999. "The value of health insurance: the access motive," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 141-152, April.
- Nyman, John A, 1994. "The Effects of Market Concentration and Excess Demand on the Price of Nursing Home Care," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 193-204, June.
- Nyman, John A. & Connor, Robert A., 1994. "Do case-mix adjusted nursing home reimbursements actually reflect costs? Minnesota's experience," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 145-162, July.
- Nyman, John A. & Dowd, Bryan E., 1991. "Cost function analysis of Medicare policy: Are reimbursement limits for rural home health agencies sufficient?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 313-327, October.
- Nyman, John A & Bricker, Dennis L, 1989. "Profit Incentives and Technical Efficiency in the Production of Nursing Home Care," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(4), pages 586-594, November.
- Nyman, John A., 1989. "The private demand for nursing home care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 209-231, June.
- Nyman, John A., 1988. "The marginal cost of nursing home care : New York, 1983," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 393-412, December.
- Nyman, John A., 1985. "Prospective and `cost-plus' medicaid reimbursement, excess medicaid demand, and the quality of nursing home care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 237-259, September.
- Stephen T. Parente & Roger Feldman, 2008. "Do HSA Choices Interact with Retirement Savings Decisions?," NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 22, pages 81-108 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.