Research, innovation and technological performance in Germany - EFI Report 2008
- Commission of Experts for Research and Innovation (EFI), Berlin
Research and innovation are extremely important for Germany. New insights are generated by research, and new ways of creating value are opened up by technical, organisational, and other innovations. Production, value-creation and employment tend to increase much more in companies which are highly innovative. The public sector can become more efficient and customer-oriented through the implementation of innovations, which also have a positive influence on people's welfare and their quality of life. Against this background, Germany's politicians have increasingly been considering how best to promote research and innovation, and where the country ranks in the international innovation contest. The Federal Government of Germany therefore decided in 2006 to establish an independent Commission of Experts on Research and Innovation (EFI), with the remit to analyse the structures, trends, performance, and prospects of the German research and innovation system, and to formulate policy recommendations for its further development. This report is the result of our work to achieve this goal.
|This book is provided by Expertenkommission Forschung und Innovation (EFI) - Commission of Experts for Research and Innovation in its series Research, Innovation and Technological Performance in Germany: Report with number 2008e and published in 2008.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.e-fi.de/index.php?id=1&L=1|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- André Sapir & Philippe Aghion & Giuseppe Bertola & Martin Hellwig & Jean Pisani-Ferry & Bernard Lange & José Viñals & Helen Wallace & Marco Buti & Mario Nava & Peter Smith, 2004.
"An agenda for a growing Europe: the Sapir report,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/8070, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Herbert Giersch, 1979.
"Aspects of growth, structural change, and employment A schumpeterian perspective,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 115(4), pages 629-652, December.
- Giersch, Herbert, 1979. "Aspects of growth, structural change, and employment: A Schumpeterian perspective," Kiel Working Papers 89, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Kaserer, C. & Schiereck, D. & Achleitner, A.-K. & von Einem, C., 2007. "Private Equity in Deutschland," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 34979, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Jacek Warda, 2006. "Tax Treatment of Business Investments in Intellectual Assets: An International Comparison," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2006/4, OECD Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:efigut:2008e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.