Climate Change and Migration : Evidence from the Middle East and North Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adams, Richard Jr. & Page, John, 2005. "Do international migration and remittances reduce poverty in developing countries?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1645-1669, October.
- Flore Gubert, 2007. "Insurance Against Poverty," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 16(1), pages 172-175, January.
- Osili, Una Okonkwo, 2004. "Migrants and Housing Investments: Theory and Evidence from Nigeria," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(4), pages 821-849, July.
- Acosta, Pablo & Fajnzylber, Pablo & Lopez, J. Humberto, 2007. "The impact of remittances on poverty and human capital : evidence from Latin American household surveys," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4247, The World Bank.
- David J. McKenzie & Nicole Hildebrandt, 2005.
"The Effects of Migration on Child Health in Mexico,"
THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2005), pages 257-289, August.
- Hildebrandt, Nicole & McKenzie, David, 2005. "The effects of migration on child health in Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3573, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2010. "Yemen - Assessing the Impacts of Climate Change and Variability on the Water and Agricultural Sectors and the Policy Implications," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2943, The World Bank.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10855 is not listed on IDEAS
- Taylor, J. Edward & Mora, Jorge, 2006. "Does migration reshape expenditures in rural households? Evidence from Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3842, The World Bank.
- Michael Lokshin & Mikhail Bontch-Osmolovski & Elena Glinskaya, 2010.
"Work-Related Migration and Poverty Reduction in Nepal,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 323-332, May.
- Lokshin, Michael & Bontch-Osmolovski, Mikhail & Glinskaya, Elena, 2007. "Work-related migration and poverty reduction in Nepal," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4231, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cong Nguyen, Minh & Wodon, Quentin, 2014. "Extreme Weather Events and Migration: The Case of Morocco," MPRA Paper 56938, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adoho, Franck & Wodon, Quentin, 2014. "Do Changes in Weather Patterns and the Environment Lead to Migration in the MENA Region?," MPRA Paper 56935, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grant, Audra & Burger, Nicholas & Wodon, Quentin, 2014. "Climate-induced Migration in the MENA Region: Results from the Qualitative Fieldwork," MPRA Paper 56936, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adoho, Franck & Wodon, Quentin, 2014. "Perceptions of Climate Change, Weather Shocks, and Impacts on Households in the MENA region," MPRA Paper 56931, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wodon, Quentin & Liverani, Andrea, 2014. "Climate Change and Migration in the MENA Region: An Overview," MPRA Paper 56926, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cong Nguyen, Minh & Wodon, Quentin, 2014. "Weather Shocks, Impact on Households, and Ability to Recover in Morocco," MPRA Paper 56932, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joseph, George & Wodon, Quentin & Liverani, Andrea & Blankespoor, Brian, 2014. "Is Climate Change Likely to Lead to Higher Net Internal Migration? The Republic of Yemen’s Case," MPRA Paper 56937, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adoho, Franck & Wodon, Quentin, 2014. "How Do Households Cope with and Adapt to Climate Change in the MENA Region?," MPRA Paper 56934, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Quentin Wodon & Andrea Liverani, 2014. "Climate Change and Migration in the MENA Region," World Bank Other Operational Studies 22594, The World Bank.
- Adel Ben Youssef & Mohamed Arouri & Cuong Viet Nguyen, 2017. "Is Internal Migration A Way to Cope With Climate Change? Evidence From Egypt," Working Papers 1099, Economic Research Forum, revised 05 2017.
- Wodon, Quentin & Burger, Nicholas & Grant, Audra & Liverani, Andrea, 2014. "Climate Change, Migration, and Adaptation in the MENA Region," MPRA Paper 56927, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:78:y:2017:i:c:p:1350-1356 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pid:journl:v:55:y:2016:i:2:p:123-149 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:taf:rfiaxx:v:14:y:2016:i:3:p:51-64 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironment - Climate Change Mitigation and Green House Gases Macroeconomics and Economic Growth - Climate Change Economics Health; Nutrition and Population - Population Policies Environment - Climate Change Impacts Science and Technology Development - Science of Climate Change;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:18929. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.