Returns to Human Capital in Europe. A Literature Review
- Asplund, Rita
- Pereira, Pedro Telhado
“Public Funding and Private Returns to Education - PURE” is a two-year EU-TSER financed research project that started on November 1, 1998. It involves as many as 15 European countries: Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. The overarching objective of PURE is to study the impact of different systems of public financial support on school attendance and of differences in educational differentiation and school admission rules on observed outcomes in the labour market, in particular, in terms of private returns to education and education-related inequality in earnings. More information on the project is available at PURE’s web-site www.etla.fi/PURE This volume is the first product of PURE. It provides a comprehensive review of the current state of knowledge in each partner country concerning rates of return to human capital in general and education in particular. This review of the existing empirical evidence on these topics thus draws a baseline for the results that will be produced within the framework of PURE.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|This book is provided by The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy in its series ETLA B with number 156 and published in .|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +358 (0)9 609 900
Fax: +358 (0)9 601 753
Web page: http://www.etla.fi/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
- Martins, Pedro S. & Pereira, Pedro T., 2004. "Does education reduce wage inequality? Quantile regression evidence from 16 countries," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 355-371, June.
- Pereira, Pedro T. & Martins, Pedro S., 2000.
"Does Education Reduce Wage Inequality? Quantile Regressions Evidence from Fifteen European Countries,"
IZA Discussion Papers
120, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pereira, Pedro Telhado & Martins, Pedro Silva, 2002. "Does Education Reduce Wage Inequality? Quantile Regressions Evidence from Fifteen European Countries," Discussion Papers 709, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Pereira, Pedro Telhado & Martins, Pedro Silva, 2000. "Does Education Reduce Wage Inequality? Quantile Regressions Evidence from Fifteen European Countries," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp379, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rif:bbooks:156. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kaija Hyvönen-Rajecki)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers various economics topics
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed