Analysis of the Relationship Between Advertising, Concentration and Profitability in the United States Manufacturing Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jennifer F. Reinganum, 1985. "Innovation and Industry Evolution," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(1), pages 81-99.
- Joel Waldfogel & Jeffrey Milyo, 1999.
"The Effect of Price Advertising on Prices: Evidence in the Wake of 44 Liquormart,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1081-1096, December.
- Jeffrey Milyo & Joel Waldfogel, 1998. "The Effect of Price Advertising and Prices: Evidence in the Wake of 44 Liquormart," NBER Working Papers 6488, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey Milyo & Joel Waldfogel, 1998. "The Effect of Price Advertising on Prices: Evidence in the Wake of 44 Liquormart," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 9807, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Nevo, Aviv, 2001.
"Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(2), pages 307-342, March.
- Nevo, Aviv, 1998. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-To-Eat Cereal Industry," Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports 037, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Aviv Nevo, 2003. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry," Microeconomics 0303006, EconWPA.
- Nevo, Aviv, 1999. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt7cm5p858, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Nevo, Aviv, 1998. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-To-Eat Cereal Industry," Research Reports 25164, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Aviv Nevo, 1998. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry," NBER Working Papers 6387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael S. Willis & Richard T. Rogers, 1998. "Market Share Dispersion Among Leading Firms as a Determinant of Advertising Intensity," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 13(5), pages 495-508, October.
- Mueller, Willard F & Rogers, Richard T, 1980. "The Role of Advertising in Changing Concentration of Manufacturing Industries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(1), pages 89-96, February.
- Strickland, Allyn D & Weiss, Leonard W, 1976. "Advertising, Concentration, and Price-Cost Margins," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(5), pages 1109-1121, October.
- Lester G. Telser, 1964. "Advertising and Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 537-537.
- Telser, Lester G, 1969. "Another Look at Advertising and Concentration," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 85-94, November.
- Rees, R D, 1975. "Advertising, Concentration and Competition: A Comment and Further Results," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 85(337), pages 165-172, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:frd:theses:2002.3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fordham Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edforus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.