The sustainable development goals and the systems approach to sustainability
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Barbier, Edward & Burgess, Joanne C., 2017. "The Sustainable Development Goals and the systems approach to sustainability," Economics Discussion Papers 2017-28, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
References listed on IDEAS
- Pezzey, John C.V. & Toman, Michael, 2002.
"The Economics of Sustainability: A Review of Journal Articles,"
10683, Resources for the Future.
- Toman, Michael & Pezzey, John C., 2002. "The Economics of Sustainability: A Review of Journal Articles," Discussion Papers dp-02-03, Resources For the Future.
- Lankford, R. Hamilton, 1988. "Measuring welfare changes in settings with imposed quantities," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 45-63, March.
- World Commission on Environment and Development,, 1987. "Our Common Future," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780192820808.
- United Nations UN, 2015. "Transforming our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development," Working Papers id:7559, eSocialSciences.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tina D. Beuchelt & Michael Nassl, 2019. "Applying a Sustainable Development Lens to Global Biomass Potentials," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-26, September.
- David Cook & Nína Saviolidis & Brynhildur Davíðsdóttir & Lára Jóhannsdóttir & Snjólfur Ólafsson, 2019. "Synergies and Trade-Offs in the Sustainable Development Goals—The Implications of the Icelandic Tourism Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(15), pages 1-23, August.
- Anita Breuer & Hannah Janetschek & Daniele Malerba, 2019. "Translating Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Interdependencies into Policy Advice," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(7), pages 1-20, April.
- Odirilwe Selomane & Belinda Reyers & Reinette Biggs & Maike Hamann, 2019. "Harnessing Insights from Social-Ecological Systems Research for Monitoring Sustainable Development," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(4), pages 1-36, February.
- Biggeri, Mario & Clark, David A. & Ferrannini, Andrea & Mauro, Vincenzo, 2019. "Tracking the SDGs in an ‘integrated’ manner: A proposal for a new index to capture synergies and trade-offs between and within goals," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 628-647.
- Emilia Conte, 2018. "The Era of Sustainability: Promises, Pitfalls and Prospects for Sustainable Buildings and the Built Environment," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(6), pages 1-16, June.
- Neumann, Kai & Anderson, Carl & Denich, Manfred, 2018. "Participatory, explorative, qualitative modeling: Application of the iMODELER software to assess trade-offs among the SDGs," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 12, pages 1-19.
- Yizhong Huan & Haitao Li & Tao Liang, 2019. "A New Method for the Quantitative Assessment of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and a Case Study on Central Asia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(13), pages 1-27, June.
- Barbier, Edward B. & Burgess, Joanne C., 2019. "Sustainable development goal indicators: Analyzing trade-offs and complementarities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 295-305.
- Inonge Mutale & Isabel B. Franco & Masinja Jewette, 2019. "Corporate Sustainability Performance: An Approach to Effective Sustainable Community Development or Not? A Case Study of the Luanshya Copper Mine in Zambia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(20), pages 1-17, October.
More about this item
Keywordssustainable development; Sustainable Development Goals; systems approach; tradeoffs; United Nations;
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- O20 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - General
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifweej:201728. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.