Cash Flow in Corporate Bankruptcy. A Literature Review
W artykule dokonano przegladu literatury swiatowej i polskiej na temat wykorzystania wskaznikow finansowych, bazujacych na przeplywach pienieznych, do prognozowania upadlosci przedsiebiorstwa. Dokonano przegladu formul wskaznikow opartych na przeplywach pienieznych. Zaproponowano kierunki dalszych badan. Sformulowano rowniez opinie, ze bardzo malo eksplorowanym obszarem jest stosowanie tzw. analiz znakow w modelowaniu upadlosci.The paper presents a review of world and Polish literature on usage of financial ratios based on cash flow for corporate bankruptcy prediction. In the field of bankruptcy modeling it was concluded that: • cash flow is significantly different comparing to net income and therefore cash flow provides important information, • simplified measures of cash flow have lower significance than cash flow statement. In the field of the construction of financial ratios based on cash flow, some directions of further research were suggested: • broader implementation of cash flow statement, • construction of cash flow financial ratios comparable to accrual financial ratios, • incorporation of cause-effect relations between ratios to bankruptcy model. Finally an opinion that the so-called sign analysis of cash flow an under-explored oved in bankruptcy modeling was formed.
Volume (Year): 2 (2008)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.ioz.pwr.wroc.pl/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:bla:joares:v:23:y:1985:i:1:p:146-160 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:23:y:1985:i:1:p:384-401 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, 09.
- Laitinen, Erkki K. & Laitinen, Teija, 2000. "Bankruptcy prediction: Application of the Taylor's expansion in logistic regression," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 327-349.
- Dambolena, Ismael G & Khoury, Sarkis J, 1980. " Ratio Stability and Corporate Failure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(4), pages 1017-1026, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wut:journl:v:2:y:2008:p:87-104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piotr Wawrzynowski)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.