A weakness of the capability approach with respect to gender justice
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Qizilbash, M., 1995. "Egalitarian justice, capability and well-being prospects," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9516, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Des Gasper & John Cameron, 2000. "Assessing and extending the work of Amartya Sen," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(7), pages 985-988.
- Buckler, Alison, 2015. "Quality teaching in rural Sub-Saharan Africa: Different perspectives, values and capabilities," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 126-133.
- Des Gasper, 2000. "Development as freedom: taking economics beyond commodities-the cautious boldness of Amartya Sen," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(7), pages 989-1001.
- Mozaffar Qizilbash, 2007. "The Adaptation Problem, Evolution and Normative Economics," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2007-08, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Maria Ana Lugo & Esfandiar Maasoumi, 2008.
"Multidimensional Poverty Measures from an Information Theory Perspective,"
85, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Maria Ana Lugo, 2009. "Multidimensional Poverty Measures from an Information Theory Perspective," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp010, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Gasper, Des, 2007. "What is the capability approach?: Its core, rationale, partners and dangers," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 335-359, June.
- David A. Clark, 2007.
"Adaptation, Poverty and Well-Being: Some Issues and Observations with Special Reference to the Capability Approach and Development Studies,"
Economics Series Working Papers
GPRG-WPS-081, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Des Gasper, 1997. "Sen's capability approach and Nussbaum's cpabilities ethic," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(2), pages 281-302.
- Schubert Christian & Binder Martin, 2014. "Reconciling Normative and Behavioral Economics: An Application of the “Naturalistic Approach” to the Adaptation Problem," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 234(2-3), pages 350-365, April.
- David Alexander Clark, 2011. "Adaptation and development: issues, evidence and policy relevance," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 15911, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:9:y:1997:i:2:p:251-262. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home .