Maize research in Malawi: Lessons from failure
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tchale, Hardwick & Sauer, Johannes, 2007. "The efficiency of maize farming in Malawi. A bootstrapped translog frontier," Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR), Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), vol. 0.
- Smale, Melinda, 1995. ""Maize is life": Malawi's delayed Green Revolution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 819-831, May.
- Byerlee, Derek & Heisey, Paul W., 1996. "Past and potential impacts of maize research in sub-Saharan Africa: a critical assessment," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 255-277, July.
- Smale, Melinda & Byerlee, Derek & Jayne, Thom S., 2011.
"Maize Revolutions in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
202592, Egerton University, Tegemeo Institute of Agricultural Policy and Development.
- Smale, Melinda & Byerlee, Derek R. & Jayne, Thomas S., 2011. "Maize Revolutions in Sub-Saharan Africa," Miscellaneous Publications 113651, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Smale, Melinda & Byerlee, Derek & Jayne, Thom, 2011. "Maize revolutions in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5659, The World Bank.
- Place, Frank & Otsuka, Keijiro, 1997. "Population, land tenure, and natural resource management: the case of customary land area in Malawi," EPTD discussion papers 27, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hardwick Tchale & Johannes Sauer, 2007. "The efficiency of maize farming in Malawi. A bootstrapped translog frontier," Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 82, pages 33-56.
- Maganga, Assa M., 2010. "Determinants of smallholder maize supply to private traders and profitability: evidence from lilongwe district in central Malawi," MPRA Paper 34371, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Place, Frank & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2001. "Population, Tenure, and Natural Resource Management: The Case of Customary Land Area in Malawi," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 13-32, January.
- Howard, Julie A. & Rubey, Lawrence & Crawford, Eric W., 2000. "Getting Technology And The Technology Environment Right: Lessons From Maize Development In Southern Africa," Staff Paper Series 11558, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Sauer, Johannes & Tchale, Hardwick, 2006. "Alternative Soil Fertility Management Options in Malawi - An Economic Analysis," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21423, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Eicher, Carl K., 1990. "Building African Scientific Capacity for Agricultural Development," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 4(2), June.
- Orr, Alastair, 2000. "'Green Gold'?: Burley Tobacco, Smallholder Agriculture, and Poverty Alleviation in Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 347-363, February.
- Smale, Melinda & Phiri, Alexander, 1998. "Institutional Change and Discontinuities in Farmers' Use of Hybrid Maize Seed and Fertilizer in Malawi: Findings from the 1996-97 CIMMYT/ MoALD Survey," Economics Working Papers 7674, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Smale, Melinda & Jayne, T.S., 2003. "Maize in Eastern and Southern Africa: 'seeds' of success in retrospect," EPTD discussion papers 97, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Holden, Stein, 2014. "Agricultural Household Models for Malawi:Household Heterogeneity, Market Characteristics, Agricultural Productivity, Input Subsidies, and Price Shocks. A Baseline Report," CLTS Working Papers 5/14, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Hardwick Tchale & Johannes Sauer, 2007. "The efficiency of maize farming in Malawi. A bootstrapped translog frontier," Post-Print hal-01201145, HAL.
- Holden, Stein, 2013. "Amazing maize in Malawi: Input subsidies, factor productivity and land use intensification," CLTS Working Papers 4/13, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Lunduka, Rodney & Fisher, Monica & Snapp, Sieglinde, 2012. "Could farmer interest in a diversity of seed attributes explain adoption plateaus for modern maize varieties in Malawi?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 504-510.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:1:y:1989:i:1:p:112-144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.