Squaring the circle: global production and the informalization of work in South African fruit exports
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barrientos, Stephanie & Dolan, Catherine & Tallontire, Anne, 2003. "A Gendered Value Chain Approach to Codes of Conduct in African Horticulture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 1511-1526, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephanie Barrientos, 2011. "‘Labour chains’: analysing the role of labour contractors in global production networks," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 15311, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Nattrass, Nicoli & Conradie, Beatrice & Conradie, Inge, 2015. "The Koup fencing project: Community-led job creation in the Karoo," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 10(2), June.
- Shingal, Anirudh, 2015. "Labour market effects of integration into GVCs: Review of literature," Papers 1109, World Trade Institute.
- Herrmann, Raoul T., 2017. "Large-Scale Agricultural Investments and Smallholder Welfare: A Comparison of Wage Labor and Outgrower Channels in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 294-310.
- Jenkins, Rhys, 2005. "Globalization, Production and Poverty," WIDER Working Paper Series 040, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Maertens, Miet & Verhofstadt, Ellen, 2013.
"Horticultural exports, female wage employment and primary school enrolment: Theory and evidence from Senegal,"
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 118-131.
- Maertens, Miet & Verhofstadt, Ellen, 2012. "Horticultural exports, female wage employment and primary school enrolment: Theory and evidence from Senegal," Working Papers 146519, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- repec:ner:leuven:urn:hdl:123456789/335950 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephanie Barrientos & Margareet Visser, 2012. "South African horticulture: opportunities and challenges for economic and social upgrading in value chains," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2012-12, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Miet Maertens & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2012.
"Gender and Modern Supply Chains in Developing Countries,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(10), pages 1412-1430, October.
- Miet Maaertens & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2009. "Gender and Modern Supply Chains in Developing Countries," LICOS Discussion Papers 23109, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- repec:oup:jecgeo:v:18:y:2018:i:1:p:111-137. is not listed on IDEAS
- Terheggen, Anne, 2010. "The new kid in the forest: the impact of China's resource demand on Gabon's tropical timber value chain," MPRA Paper 37982, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sukhpal Singh, 2013. "Governance and upgrading in export grape global production networks in India," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2013-33, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Jong-Woon Lee, 2014. "Labour Contracting and Changing Employment Relationships in South Korea," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 32(4), pages 449-473, July.
- Stephanie Barrientos, 2008. "Forum 2008," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 39(6), pages 977-990, November.
- Liesbeth Colen & Miet Maertens & Johan Swinnen, 2012. "Private Standards, Trade and Poverty: GlobalGAP and Horticultural Employment in Senegal," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(8), pages 1073-1088, August.
- Ignatius Swart & Edward Orsmond, 2010. "Positioning a research agenda on the social economy: The new capitalist expansion and its impact on worker conditions in a changing South African agricultural setting," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(12), pages 900-922, October.
- Sadaat Ali Yawar & Stefan Seuring, 2017. "Management of Social Issues in Supply Chains: A Literature Review Exploring Social Issues, Actions and Performance Outcomes," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 141(3), pages 621-643, March.
- Gary Gereffi & Joonkoo Lee, 2016. "Economic and Social Upgrading in Global Value Chains and Industrial Clusters: Why Governance Matters," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 133(1), pages 25-38, January.
- Christina Niforou, 2015. "Labour Leverage in Global Value Chains: The Role of Interdependencies and Multi-level Dynamics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 130(2), pages 301-311, August.
- Tashlin Lakhani & Sarosh Kuruvilla & Ariel Avgar, 2013. "Across Boundaries: The Global Challenges Facing Workers and Employment Research 50th Anniversary Special Issue," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 51(3), pages 440-472, September.
- Stephanie Barrientos, 2013. "Gender production networks: Sustaining cocoa-chocolate sourcing in Ghana and India," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 18613, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Best, Sarah. & Mamic, Ivanka., 2008. "Voluntary social initiatives in fresh fruit and vegetable value chains," ILO Working Papers 994312573402676, International Labour Organization.
- Sally Smith & Stephanie Barrientos, 2005. "Fair trade and ethical trade: are there moves towards convergence?," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 190-198.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:431257 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:16:y:2004:i:1:p:81-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.