A checklist for judging preference-based measures of health related quality of life: Learning from psychometrics
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alan Williams, 1995. "The role of the Euroqol instrument in QALY calculations," Working Papers 130chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Richardson, J., 1994. "Cost utility analysis: What should be measured?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 7-21.
- Culyer, A J, 1971. "The Nature of the Commodity 'Health Care' and Its Efficient Allocation," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, pages 189-211.
- Torrance, George W., 1986. "Measurement of health state utilities for economic appraisal : A review," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, pages 1-30.
- Dolan, P. & Gudex, C. & Kind, P. & Williams, A., 1996. "Valuing health states: A comparison of methods," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, pages 209-231.
- Buckingham, Ken, 1993. "A note on HYE (healthy years equivalent)," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, pages 301-309.
- Gafni, Amiram & Birch, Stephen, 1995. "Preferences for outcomes in economic evaluation: An economic approach to addressing economic problems," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 767-776.
- Loomes, Graham, 1995. "The myth of the HYE," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, pages 1-7.
- Gafni, Amiram & Birch, Stephen, 1993. "Searching for a common currency: Critical appraisal of the scientific basis underlying European harmonization of the measurement of health related quality of life (EuroQol(c))," Health Policy, Elsevier, pages 219-228.
- Donaldson, Cam & Atkinson, Ann & Bond, John & Wright, Ken, 1988. "Should QALYs be programme-specific?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, pages 239-257.
- Hall, Jane & Gerard, Karen & Salkeld, Glenn & Richardson, Jeff, 1992. "A cost utility analysis of mammography screening in Australia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 993-1004.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yaling Yang & John Brazier & Louise Longworth, 2015. "EQ-5D in skin conditions: an assessment of validity and responsiveness," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), pages 927-939.
- R.M.P.M. Baltussen & M. Sanon & J. Sommerfeld & R. Würthwein, 2002. "Obtaining disability weights in rural Burkina Faso using a culturally adapted visual analogue scale," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 155-163.
- Rodríguez-Míguez, E. & Abellán-Perpiñán, J.M. & Alvarez, X.C. & González, X.M. & Sampayo, A.R., 2016. "The DEP-6D, a new preference-based measure to assess health states of dependency," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 210-219.
- Michaël Schwarzinger & Jean-Louis Lanoë & Erik Nord & Isabelle Durand-Zaleski, 2004. "Lack of multiplicative transitivity in person trade-off responses," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(2), pages 171-181.
- Garry R. Barton & Tracey H. Sach & Anthony J. Avery & Claire Jenkinson & Michael Doherty & David K. Whynes & Kenneth R. Muir, 2008. "A comparison of the performance of the EQ-5D and SF-6D for individuals aged > 45 years," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(7), pages 815-832.
- Mandy Ryan & Mabelle Amaya-Amaya, 2005. "' Threats ' to and hopes for estimating benefits," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(6), pages 609-619.
- Stavros Petrou, 2003. "Methodological issues raised by preference-based approaches to measuring the health status of children," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(8), pages 697-702.
- John Brazier & Jennifer Roberts & Aki Tsuchiya & Jan Busschbach, 2004. "A comparison of the EQ-5D and SF-6D across seven patient groups," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(9), pages 873-884.
- Tsuchiya, Aki & Brazier, John & Roberts, Jennifer, 2006.
"Comparison of valuation methods used to generate the EQ-5D and the SF-6D value sets,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, pages 334-346.
- Dhaval Dave, 2004. "The Effects of Cocaine and Heroin Prices on Drug-Related Emergency Department Visits," NBER Working Papers 10619, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- San Miguel, Fernando & Ryan, Mandy & Scott, Anthony, 2002. "Are preferences stable? The case of health care," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, pages 1-14.
- Janelle Seymour & Paul McNamee & Anthony Scott & Michela Tinelli, 2010. "Shedding new light onto the ceiling and floor? A quantile regression approach to compare EQ-5D and SF-6D responses," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(6), pages 683-696.
- Jack Dowie, 2002. "Decision validity should determine whether a generic or condition-specific HRQOL measure is used in health care decisions," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 1-8.
- Karen Gerard & Katharine Johnston & Jackie Brown, 1999. "The role of a pre-scored multi-attribute health classification measure in validating condition-specific health state descriptions," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(8), pages 685-699.
- Marra, Carlo A. & Woolcott, John C. & Kopec, Jacek A. & Shojania, Kamran & Offer, Robert & Brazier, John E. & Esdaile, John M. & Anis, Aslam H., 2005. "A comparison of generic, indirect utility measures (the HUI2, HUI3, SF-6D, and the EQ-5D) and disease-specific instruments (the RAQoL and the HAQ) in rheumatoid arthritis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1571-1582.
- D. Stratmann-Schoene & T. Kuehn & R. Kreienberg & R. Leidl, 2006. "A preference-based index for the SF-12," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(6), pages 553-564.
- Catherine Le Galès & Catherine Buron & Nathalie Costet & Sophia Rosman & Gérard Slama, 2001. "Développement d'un index d'états de santé pondéré par les utilités en population française : le Health Utilities Index," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, pages 71-87.
- Stavros Petrou & Christine Hockley, 2005. "An investigation into the empirical validity of the EQ-5D and SF-6D based on hypothetical preferences in a general population," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(11), pages 1169-1189.
- Richard Edlin & Christopher McCabe & David Meads, 2013. "Assignment errors and the valuation of EQ-5D health states-do responses mean what we think they mean?," Working Papers 1304, Academic Unit of Health Economics, Leeds Institute of Health Sciences, University of Leeds.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:8:y:1999:i:1:p:41-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .